ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A Dealer Forgetting to Ask for Money...

Nothing to do with Renault, or Clios, but anyway...

A mate of mine has just moved in to a new house, and in order to free up some cash he decided to cut his montly outgoings on his car. So, he traded his 1 year old Golf in for a new Corsa at Vauxhall (he has a family member working there so got one on the cheap). Anyhoos, the story is that the trade-in value offered by the dealer was about £600 short of his settlement figure on the car. So he decided to go with the trade-in anyway and pay Vauxhall the difference (i.e. £600) - I think there was an offer on in May in that you got an extra £500 off the car, so he was still getting a decent deal...

Anyway, when he came to pick up the car, they forgot (yes forgot) to ask him for the £600! Hes taken ownership of the new car now and they have since settled the finance on the previous car. Hes had the new car for 2 weeks now and hes not heard a peep out of them - do you think theyll still call and ask for the missing wedge?

Hes banging on about it all the time, wondering if theyll call - I think its slipped through the net, what do you reckon?

Ever heard of a car salesman forgetting to ask for money!?!

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels

I guy from my old work traded his wifes N reg 1.2 Corsa in for the new 1.2 Corsa and when his wife went to get the details of the reg etc...to arrange the insurance the garage had ordered and registered in there name a Corsa SRI instead by mistake...they said it was there fault and they got the SRI without paying any extra.

don't

when i got my RSI from a dealers last saturday, the bloke i did the deal with, w aggreed a price, then i said can he sort the tax out 4 me, and he said yea ok then ill add £90 on the bill for when u pick it up

went 2 pick the car up and the normal bloke werent there and sum1 else did the finishing off of the deal, they hadnt been able 2 get the tax, but instead of just payin the normal aggreed amount the bloke got it wrong and knocked £95 off the price i was meana pay

so bit of a bargain 4 me, didnt hear anythin from them

did the dealers have it written down and signed that he needed to pay £600 cos if not they cant do anythin anyway can they??

.Dave.

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels

I think they will just take the loss....they will look like right muppets ringing up now to ask for £600.

Yeah on his order form, one of the rows says amount due from customer -- £613.33 or whatever it was. Out of that though hes already paid £200 I think he said, which acted as a deposit, so he actually owes them about £400.

GR7

Shiny red R32

I think that either they will sort it at the end of the month or the accountant will pick it up! They dont miss much usually!

Lee

BMW M2C

If its been done through GM Finance or whoever they use these days Im sure hell hear within 6 weeks.

I asked when I placed the order for the 182, he said you dont make a payment for a good 6 weeks if you take finance.