ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A decent car cover....

Corsa Van. Meh.
Anyone know where I can get a decent car cover? I have one at the moment but its not right for the car.....

Car is outside all the time on the drive so needs to be able to withstand the brittish weather

Matt

PUG 106 RALLYE
Argos get the most expensive one mine dose a very good job except for the most windest of days, hope this helps.

Tyler

106 GTi
Something like an Argos one is ideal to cover a car over night and then remove. If you plan to leave it on the car for any longer period of time you need to get a proper breathable one.

Megane Mk4
I have an argos full car cover that I put on mine every night - http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7409594.htm

But I have a layer of material inbetween the cover and car so it stops the scratching of the paint work, Also I get around the windy part by pulling it tight around all the body, wrapping it around and tucking it into the zorst cut outs at the back. (a good useful thing of the 182 design :D lol)
Or if it's really bad wind, elastic bungee tie back cords through the wheels. ;)

Corsa Van. Meh.
Might need something a bit more heavy duty....

My car tends to sit on the drive under the cover most of the time!

Renault 182
Might need something a bit more heavy duty....

My car tends to sit on the drive under the cover most of the time!

It all depends on how serious and how much you want to cough up.

I have car cover for my 106 rallye show car, that was well over £350.

The problem you have is that cheaper covers will probably do more damage to your car, because of the material used for example:

Mine is tailer made to fit the car, if the cover is loose then it will bascially act as sandpaper on the car's paintwork in windy conditions, this again is from the material used and poor fitting of the cover.

Also if the material isnt breathable then what happen's, is that a microclimate forms between the paintwork and cover causing the paintwork to fade. This is when moisture cant escape.

Also covers protect from UV rays which dull interior and paintwork.

However you cant beat getting it in a garage,I only had my car out for one winter but the cover was well worth it.

I got my cover from "Covercraft" you can find them in the back of Evo.