ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A few changes and a dam good clean!

MKV GTI
Well last week i ordered some goodies a Miltek system with decat and a CF splitter courtesy of ktec fitted these the day after i took delivery, also thought id treat myself and bought a new Karcher k4 pressure washer, anyway the pics:

087.jpg

088.jpg

Before work

086.jpg

Up on the ramps

089.jpg

I removed the old system and then jacked the front up and placed on axcel stands were i loosely fitted the decat and fitted the CF splitter.

Bit of carbon action :cool:

090.jpg

The car was then back on the ramps were i fitted the rest of the system

092.jpg

091.jpg

I am extremely happy with this system its not too loud whilst pootling around town but once you get higher up the rev range it has a really satisfying bellow to it and coupled with the decat produces a few pops and bangs :evil:

Despite the decat the system is actually quieter and not as boomy as the ktec ultra system I previously had and am really happy with this exhaust despite the negative feedback on here of the Miltek, sits better than the KTR too!

After completing the days tasks in good time i thought i would crack on with fitting my whiteline arb, all went well until i offered the bar up to the droplinks and it was a good 3" too long looks like i will have to send this back not too happy as i had been on a very long waiting list for this :mad:

So onto the big clean, after a week at work and not getting the chance to clean the car properly for a good few months i set about giving the car a detail before the bad weather sets in

Products used:

i4detailing snowfoam
Megs gold class shampoo
Megs lambswool washmitt
i4detailing drying towel (cant remember the exact name but i highly recoomend it)
Megs clay kit
Autoglym srp
Dodo juice lime prime
Dodo juice supernatural wax
Autoglym egp
Dodo juice microfibre
Rimwax
Britemax tyre shine
Britemax rubber treatment
Autoglym glass
and..... peanut butter

Just to clarify you may notice the number plate has changed i put the plate on during the week and i think it complements the car especially the 3/4 front plate people may think differently as its not a 'real' cup meaning the 172 but im happy with it .

I also decided to tidy up the rear a bit and decided the tacky renault sport badge needed to go car looks much much cleaner with this removed.

So the pictures:

De-badged this left a nice load of gunk behind, tools used the gf hairdryer and dental floss!

094.jpg

Snow foamed first time i used this stuff really happy with it

096.jpg

The car was then washed with megs gold class and dryed, for the wheels i used bilberry wheel cleaner, i noticed a few tar spots and imperfections so got cracking with the clay kit the car was then washed and dryed again and taped up in preparation for polishing i think i may have gone ott with this lol!

097.jpg

098.jpg

As you may have gathered i am no professianal lol!

After a lot of elbow grease and hard work i eventually polished the car using autoglym srp followed up by dodo juice lime prime lite in preparation for the wax. Two layers of dodo juice supernatural was applied and finally a coat of autoglym egp to enhance the depth of the paintwork and shine. The wheels were treated to a coat of Rimwax and buffed up should hopefully keep the brake dust off!

I then went around the car carrying out the usual procedure, dressing the tyres and plastics and cleaning the glass, also used peanut butter to remove the polish stains of my plastic trim (works a treat) lol .

End result:

102.jpg

103.jpg

104.jpg

I am very happy with the results i know its not perfect but like i said i am no professianal, atleast now its got some protection from the winter months.

Pictures were taken with an iphone hence very poor quality but you get the idea comments welcome.

Thanks

Anthony :D

Attachments

• 100.jpg
    100.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Looks lovely mate! Shame about the ARB - that's something that's on my shopping list, too.

MKV GTI
Thanks for the positive comments guys!

Yea i am a little bit annoyed with the arb was really looking foward to getting this fitted after the rave reviews on here :(.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Nice mate.

At what point did you use the EGP?

Civic Type S GT
Looking good buddy!! The milltek does sound the mutts nuts, I can vouch for that having been in his car, much better than the ktr.

MKV GTI
Looking good buddy!! The milltek does sound the mutts nuts, I can vouch for that having been in his car, much better than the ktr.

Cheers bud! Now stop being soft and bang a decat on that yozza of yours, I have a very good pair of ear defenders you can borrow :rasp:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Thanks mate, I applied the EGP last after the dodo juice supernatural, thought it would bring out a nice shine although may be wrong lol!
Yeah egp goes before the wax mate. Ruined some hard work there and some good wax but you'll know better next time! :)

SRP/EGP/WAX I'm not a fan of EGP but it's a good trio you have there.

MKV GTI
so basically by applying the EGP over the wax i have essentially stripped the wax off? If thats the case il have to apply a new layer of wax at the weekend the whole point of the detail was to lay some protection down, ah well live and learn.

Thanks sara, yea anytime although i also suffer from lack of enthusiam somtimes, known medical condition iirc