ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

a few dci questions!

dCi 100
I agree with Clio_dci100.. and not only because I have a dCi100 too .. lol :D

We have dCi100's (most are Megane's) here in Portugal that are remapped, and not one has had a broken gearbox (that I know of :D)! You may say that shifting with it is a bit .. hum.. strange.. I agree.. but you get used to it quickly enough! :)

Cheers!

CB600FS
I'm quite keen to know where these statistics are coming from, usually one person says something and all the others simply repeat it like they know wot they're talkin bout, ive heard the rumours, show me the actual evidence ;)

Who are you refering to exactly? Pah - If I collected the Clio DCI 100 clutches/gearbox's and the Laguna 1.6/1.8 box's I'd changed, I'd have about 8 stacked up by my ramp. Thats proof enough for me, compare that to the 0 DCI 65 and 0 DCI 80 boxes I've changed. They're suited to munching motorway miles, and towing a plastic house, thats about it really they can't cope with the constant up/down gearchanges round town etc.

Don't get me wrong the 100s obviously the better engine, I'd have one in a shot with a remap if they had a better gearbox. Just rare to find a decent one, and working with that gearbox on a day to day basis is like getting blood from a stone.

Meg on pistonheads £6995
Panel Filter £35 www.potn.com

made a big difference from about 3800 to redline on both the Clio and Xsara cos both were wheezy and asthmatic top end before

Clio Dci100 Dynamique
I'm quite keen to know where these statistics are coming from, usually one person says something and all the others simply repeat it like they know wot they're talkin bout, ive heard the rumours, show me the actual evidence ;)

Who are you refering to exactly? Pah - If I collected the Clio DCI 100 clutches/gearbox's and the Laguna 1.6/1.8 box's I'd changed, I'd have about 8 stacked up by my ramp. Thats proof enough for me, compare that to the 0 DCI 65 and 0 DCI 80 boxes I've changed. They're suited to munching motorway miles, and towing a plastic house, thats about it really they can't cope with the constant up/down gearchanges round town etc.

Don't get me wrong the 100s obviously the better engine, I'd have one in a shot with a remap if they had a better gearbox. Just rare to find a decent one, and working with that gearbox on a day to day basis is like getting blood from a stone.

No disrespect to yourself or anything but the 100's a pretty rare car, i doubt uve eva seen 8 of them let alone worked on them, seriously. The only trouble i'm gettin is with the clutch atm. It can't handle the torque doing a 50-70 in 5th test, the revs shoot way up then fall - even with that niggle it gets there in around 6 seconds

Curiously would there be a way to convert the box to the 65 / 80 one if the 100 one did break?

CB600FS

No disrespect to yourself or anything but the 100's a pretty rare car, i doubt uve eva seen 8 of them let alone worked on them, seriously. The only trouble i'm gettin is with the clutch atm. It can't handle the torque doing a 50-70 in 5th test, the revs shoot way up then fall - even with that niggle it gets there in around 6 seconds

Curiously would there be a way to convert the box to the 65 / 80 one if the 100 one did break?

Never seen 8 DCI 100s ROFL :lolup:

No disrespect to you but erm, theres about 10 near here all in the same companys fleet... Thanks.

Clio Dci100 Dynamique

Never seen 8 DCI 100s ROFL :lolup:

No disrespect to you but erm, theres about 10 near here all in the same companys fleet... Thanks.

And whole fleet suddenly packed up with broken gearboxes and gave you the business? lol somehow i doubt it

If you've only seen 8 of them then you should keep your eyes open more.

Just because your not having trouble doens't make it a good box.

Yep the gearbox could be converted.

And whole fleet suddenly packed up with broken gearboxes and gave you the business? lol somehow i doubt it
You want to bet?

Clio Dci100 Dynamique
If you've only seen 8 of them then you should keep your eyes open more.

Just because your not having trouble doens't make it a good box.

Yep the gearbox could be converted.

You want to bet?

Yeah actually i do, maybe theres more of them up where you guys live but ive not seen any down here in west sussex, plenty of 65's and 80's tho, i tried to keep my eyes peeled cos it be nice to meet a fellow owner

How could i convert it?

this brings me to my issue ive got a mk3 dci86 with a jr5 124 box can it handle a remap i dont want to break anything how far can i push it i was hopeing to remap it to give me more power but not extreme amounts can i
pick a happy medium say 86-95 at the wheels :eek:

Clio Dci100 Dynamique
Wel according to edde its only the 100 with the weak box so yeah u should be able to map it with no probs, there hav been loads of posts on here about mapping diesels and if memory serves me correct 105bhp should be quite safe on your car. that sed 'black kro' has 110, you may wanna pm him

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I can't see why it wouldn't handle a remap. Just don't slip the clutch (good advice for any car though) and there's no reason it should fail.

daydotz, we're still talking 110-120max, far from extreme amounts of power. If the clutch/box starts to fail, get the map taken out and have a replacement under warranty. (I'll point out there's no way Renault can tell whether the car's been mapped apart from the difference in a test drive).

Also if you're doing this kind of thing to get your car in for warranty work it's worth having the people that do the map (I recommend superchips) to clear the fault history too.

this brings me to my issue ive got a mk3 dci86 with a jr5 124 box can it handle a remap i dont want to break anything how far can i push it i was hopeing to remap it to give me more power but not extreme amounts can i
pick a happy medium say 86-95 at the wheels :eek:
The box is the same as the 100 box so yes its weak and yes it can fail but its not garenteed but even stock power can kill them with hard use. There not a good box realy.
Wel according to edde its only the 100 with the weak box so yeah u should be able to map it with no probs, there hav been loads of posts on here about mapping diesels and if memory serves me correct 105bhp should be quite safe on your car. that sed 'black kro' has 110, you may wanna pm him
Stock HP is the only safe level there always risks.
Few owners on here have Mk3's dci so no point answering theads mentioning the Mk3 boxes. (horrible boxes)
daydotz, we're still talking 110-120max, far from extreme amounts of power. If the clutch/box starts to fail, get the map taken out and have a replacement under warranty. (I'll point out there's no way Renault can tell whether the car's been mapped apart from the difference in a test drive).
120hp is a fair bit though.

Renault garages can tell if they wanted to if it had been mapped they woulnd't Renault Uk might.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
:S why not

Personally mate I've never had a bad deal with Superchips, family member of mine had a 335d go a bit tits up with the map (kept cutting power on Donnington), although we're still not sure if that was the auto box or not.

Still, I've personally had a few variations on my dci. The superchips was flawless, noticable power and no quibbles, they said it would be about 115bhp.. How much of that you would believe is up to you but I just got it for the weekend I went to Brands so a £450 mod is a bit of a waste for commuting.

I might get it done for the weekend Ringing next year too, get that 10 minute into a 9 minute 30 :approve: