ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A few from Silverstone today...

My first time there today, it's big! Didn't take many photos as I spent most of the day walking trying to figure out where I was and where everything else was. Finally got used to it by the end but at least I know for future events now...

352908024_5jdMa-L.jpg

352901926_j6uCo-L.jpg

352905751_JbJgL-L.jpg

352903379_YuXY4-L.jpg

352902900_rBoiL-L.jpg

352906886_nG5JX-L.jpg

Excellent as usual.

F3 & GT's today then?

Yep, not very exciting to be honest (seen them 3 times this year), the F3s have got to be the dullest spectacle in British Motorsport.

My main observation today...Silverstone is very very windy. I know most are as they are on old WWII Airbases, but this one is properly windy!

172 Race Car
Yea silverstone always windy. Almost like Siberia in Febuary when i used to go watch the F1 testing.

Agree about F3 tho, bit dull, slightly better on Tv

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Awesome shots Chris, looks like you found a few good spots to shoot from. Isn't it amazing how big it is, i couldn't believe when i was there in July how long it took to walk around the whole circuit!

I was amazed how windy it got too, so many huge open expanses for it to build up along though.

It was only the International Circuit today, so you had to cut across the infield from the inside of Copse (via the Paddock) and back to the main entrance to do a full loop. I didn't realise this as I headed out around the outside of Copse...was a looooong walk back again!

Really liked it but couldn't deal with that as my local circuit, too big! Combe and Thruxton is far more manageable for a day out.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Yeah i agree with you there, way too much walking required compared to Combe and Thruxton!

Was it very busy today? And what was your opinion of it from a photography point of view?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
silverstone and santapod both have their own weather systems im sure... you go there and it can be a dull day even raining and i still get sunburnt...

i went to pod one year was taking photos bright sun but freezing cold and it started to snow then stopped and got baking hot then freezing cold again all within the space of an hour! without fail i ALWAYS get burnt badly at pod and silverstone!

stilverstone is a t**t to walk around, it stupid and annoying :(

Yeah i agree with you there, way too much walking required compared to Combe and Thruxton!

Was it very busy today? And what was your opinion of it from a photography point of view?

Hard to tell if it's busy as everyone is so spread out, but I've been to F3/GT Quali 3 times this year (Thruxton and Brands Hatch as well) and this was by far the busiest, the main Pit Straight Grandstand was actually reasonably busy.

As for photos, apart from the area around Luffield/Farm/Abbey, and the stands on the infield near Copse, I couldn't really find any other good angles, that said I really enjoyed those ones as they are a bit different to the usual Combe/Thruxton corners. Looking forward to going when the full GP circuit is in use (Le Mans Series) to see what else there is.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
As for photos, apart from the area around Luffield/Farm/Abbey, and the stands on the infield near Copse, I couldn't really find any other good angles, that said I really enjoyed those ones as they are a bit different to the usual Combe/Thruxton corners. Looking forward to going when the full GP circuit is in use (Le Mans Series) to see what else there is.

Cool, i found Club corner and The Vale to be good spots as well on the full GP circuit. Which day(s) you going to be at the LMS?

Cool, i found Club corner and The Vale to be good spots as well on the full GP circuit. Which day(s) you going to be at the LMS?

Sunday I think, not sure what the schedule is yet though as they've only released timetables for Friday and Saturday.

this is one of the ones i managed to get i was having huge problems with it tracking the cars or maybe it was just me lol i dunno but the cars were never in focus even though teh fucus point was always slap bang one the car
taken at 55mm with no croping

2771210253_fc530e8b8b_o.jpg