ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

E92 M3 Silverstone Blue Comp

So the Z4 was somewhat short lived (though still here & for sale).

Decided that with the low mileage I do these days I’d treat myself to a car I’ve pined after for so long. Viewed a few dogs as I’m in the lower end of the market, was close to buying one which needed a bit of work, but randomly thought I’d check Facebook marketplace so borrowed the other half’s phone as I don’t have it, saw a pretty poor advert for local M3, well priced but a little chavy so wasn’t sure. Thought I’d give it a chance and call the seller and get a feel for them. Turned out to be a really nice posh bloke and could tell immediately he absolutely loves cars (has an E46 M3 & old Jag still) so made the trip and put a deposit down!

I’m really not a fan of the alloys but can get them refurbished so tried not to let it put me off.

First up was this monstrosity.
IMG_0507.jpeg

Then it was this…
IMG_0503.jpeg

To this

IMG_0504.jpeg

I’m not sold on the rear carbon spoiler and front splitters. Going to wait and see how it looks once the alloys are silver (as close to OEM finish as possible).

The interior & exterior are really tidy, a few minor imperfections I’ll look at over the years, but most importantly it has great service history and the throttle actuators have both been rebuilt with lifetime warranty, as well as the rod bearings about 5k ago.

I’m absolutely over the moon. It feels a lot more special to drive than my E46 M3s did.
IMG_0505.jpeg

It also has a mega spec, pretty much everything I wanted! The comfort access has already been coded out too which is a big bonus. It even has rear folding seats!
IMG_0506.jpeg

Todays task was fitting the Mr12volt unit, works in place of the CD changer and gives you wireless apple carplay/android auto.

IMG_0530.jpeg

Really modernises the interior, very happy with it.

Also cleaned a few bits, all the sills with gummi pflege, cleared the muck from the run offs, removed and clean the rear lights, and a quick pass over the exhaust.

IMG_0493.jpeg

IMG_0499.jpeg

The rear inner lights have faded and either need replacing or returning, unsure what to do. Quoted £45 per light to polish back etc or they’re about £140 odd new per side.

IMG_0500.jpeg

Awaiting a price to fix this rather annoying dent.

IMG_0403.jpeg

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Lovely mate, my favourite shape M3 and the only one I've actually been in which sold the love for them!

When it comes to wheels... black is whack (n)