ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A few ICE questions - Fuse ratings/amplifiers

hey there, thinking of getting a Sony Xm-1S amplifier (290w RMS @ 4 ohms, 600w peak) for my Sony xplode 12" sub (which has a 350 RMS, 1200 peak(aparently)).

I bought a wiring kit from a member on here, thanks again mullen, which has a blade fuse holder on the positive. What spec fuse do i need? 60A? The amp as 2 X 30A built into it if that helps. Thanks!

60A will be fine mate. Could go up a little to 80A if you want. Just make sure it's between the battery and the amp. Preferably just after the battery. You can sit it just to the side of the battery and tape/screw it in place.

Cheers mate, yeah it'll be just after the battery. What do you think of the amp? on the bay for £55, around £170 new, looks decent enough for the one sub it'll be powering? Thanks!

Just got a fuse through the post, a 60A blade fuse, its bloody massive! The fuse holder i have is a normal size blade holder, i guess with 8AWG wire. Will a 30A fuse do?

No it won't.

Could just run without a fuse. Just a bit of a risk, 'should be alright though'. Or get a bigger holder from the likes of Car Audio Security or the bay.

You could have a more powerfull amp but it'll be fine. Wouldn't want to run much more powerfull amp of just a single car battery anyway. Be fine buddy.