ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A Few Issues (warning lights & steering)

1.6 Ford Focus
My first issue I have already resolved, although if anyone has any ways of preventing it that would be great. When I started my car up at lunch time I noticed the service and airbag warning light had came on... I have already fixed this by wiggling the wires under the seat, turning the ignition off and on again (thanks to someone else's post on here for that). Is there a practical way to prevent this? I have people in my car quite often and it really is a pain to get under the seat to wiggle the wires about every time someone gets in the car.

Second issue is the seatbelt warning light... I don't know if this is in some way tied into the airbag light issue but the light does not illuminate when the passenger side seatbelt is taken off. When there is no one in the car at all the light is illuminated until I plug in the driver side seatbelt, yet no matter what I do the light will not illuminate for the passenger side.

Third issue is probably the most worrying, although I have been told all small cars do similar. When I am doing 70mph the steering wheel develops a slight vibration... It's not so bad that it effects the steering but its noticable not only by holding the wheel but you can even see it. The car passed it's MOT a while back and does not need to go until next year so I don't know if anything was noticed then.