ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Snapped the red plastic on air bag plug

Clio 182
Hi,
I recently changed my drivers seat for a like for like seat on my 182 (half leathers). When unplugging the air bag plug I snapped the red plastic section, but on re-fitting I managed to get it all to wedge back together and clip nicely. However I now have an intermittent light on the dash for the airbag and after turning the ignition on and off three times the light goes off. Do you think the red section which has the metal slides on isn’t making a full connection causing the light to come on on the dash. Or do you think the problem lies else where with the grey plug on the old seat starting to wear / already worn. I’m going to try contact cleaner on the grey plug on Thursday to see if this solves the issue, but if not do you think the other option is to just cut and solder all the wires together?

I also found that on the replacement seat that the airbag 2 step micro switch mounting section had been snapped away. As the contact is normally open when sat far back, I’ve left it and I’m not too worried as only I will be driving the car. This wouldn’t cause the airbag light to be intermittent would it?

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
The stock Renault seat plugs are crap at making a good connection at the best of times. I’d ditch the plugs if you can, just cut before the connector and solder the wires together if your seats aren’t coming out regularly.
I’m going to use some deutsch connectors on my pretensioner plugs, but probably overkill.