ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A few issues...

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
My car has a few, er, interesting habits. They're beginning to piss me off to the point where I'm getting seriously hacked off with the damn thing. Just wondered if someone could point me in the direction of some fixes hopefully.

Problem 1: Sometimes when I start the car it dies as soon as I've started it. Doesn't happen all the time, sometimes it does it every time I use it in a day, sometimes it might not do it for a week. It can be a pig to get going and even giving it a blip of throttle doesn't sort it every time. Battery was tested about 3 months ago and was showing 70% at that time, could this be a cause? Also whines like mad for a couple of minutes when starting from cold.

Problem 2: Intermittently working clock/temp display. Sometimes it works fine, other days it's on and off apparently at random.

Problem 3: Knocking when braking/pulling away. Only seems to happen in traffic, so when being gentle. Top mounts were replaced just before I got the car 3 months ago so don't think it's that. It's only started doing it today but I have a 200+ mile trip to do today so I'm hoping it's not anything about to fall off!

It also has various rattles and other noises but I'm putting that down to it's Frenchness.

Sorry for the essay, but if anyone can suggest some fixes (and ideas of cost would be good too) it would be much appreciated.

RB FF 182
I had the same issues as number 1, I cleaned my TDC sensor and it's been fine ever since. Mine would fire up, then just quietly die. lol

Problem two could be as simple as a loose wire, if you mean that it's completely off/on. If it's the temp display not working I think you can get a sensor pretty cheap.

Problem three sounds mount related but I'm not sure.

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Cool thanks, that gives me some ideas at least although it has crossed my mind that the exhaust could be making the knocking noise. It's fucked and the mounts are also fucked and it's dropped, so hoping it's that which needs sorting anyway.

The clock thing - the whole display just goes black, no lights or anything. I think I need to fiddle and see if I can make it do it to try to figure out if it is a wire.

RB FF 182
Meh, might be a wire! The bulbs go all the time in these, mine's gone but I can still see it faintly... so whether there are two bulbs, one for day and one for night, and both have yours have gone I don't know?