ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A few Moon pics

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Just had a quick mooch outside and took these....

PhotoL10.jpg

PhotoL11.jpg

PhotoL16.jpg

PhotoL26.jpg

.....and one of Jupiter - lol! Such a shame that on the higher-power lenses, they are eye-pieces only - not a straight through attachment that I could plug the image capture unit on to.

PhotoL20.jpg

I used....
  • A Meade ETX125 telescope
  • Acuter Image capture device (@640x480)
  • ....and no filters, editing or touching up.
The problem I find using a telescope is that they are ultra, ultra sensitive to the slightest motion. I kid you not, on the deck out back, most of the blurring on the pictures was the imager taking a shot mid heart-beat. I could watch my heart rate with a slight flicker on the screen. And trying to alter focus was as subtle as trying to sew a button while wearing oven-gloves. ;)

I only left the telescope about 5 minutes to get chilled to the temp outside too - it should have been much longer than that.

The imager itself doesn't cope too well with the outer edges of the image either - there's a lot of blurring and fuzziness. But then again, it was only £50. The proper Meade ones were up to £1k and tbh, only supported 1024x768 resolution. Nice, but no thanks. :cool:

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Thats amazing, i know sweet FA about photography ,must learn !

Lol - me too m8! :)

Some of the detail I can see through the various eye-pieces is truly impressive, but I've no way of capturing it. Shame really. Especially when Saturn is above the horizon (which it wasn't last night) - that's good to see with the rings and the inner moons around it.

D.