ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A few things (Gaiter, Roof Handles, Mirror Switch & Mirror Glass)

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
The other day, my wing mirror glass cracked, not sure how, just noticed it one morning, all the plastic is fine, so I just need to replace the glass.

I thought since this was a small job, I'd take the opportunity to do all the other small jobs that need doing. They're all things I would hope I can do myself, but I'll need a bit of advice.

Firstly, the wing mirror glass. Should I get the part from Renault? I have electric mirrors, so how easy is it to disconnect the old glass and fit new glass? A quick summary of the process would be great.

Next, as well as replacing the glass, the electric mirrors function itself doesn't work. I think this is because the switch in the driver side door is broken. How do I go about removing the old switch? I'm being cautious with this one because from research people mentioned that it's part of the same circuit as the electric windows.

Next, the gearstick gaiter. The plastic ring at the bottom, the clip on the bottom of the ring has snapped off. I've tried glueing it, but it doesn't work for long. I don't want to actually glue the ring to the plastic, so I need to replace the gaiter and the plastic O, how do I go about doing this?

Finally, roof handles. I assume this easiest of all. When I bought the car they were all hanging out and were using different screws in some cases. Are these an easy replacement? On mine the plastic bits that go into the car frame are all bent and snapped and hence don't stay in. I assume this is just a case of getting 4 new handles, slotting them in and then putting screws in?

Any information/help greatly appreciated. These are all probably really easy fixes for many on here, but I confess to not being the most wised up on minor repairs. Thanks!