ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A knock and a few other issues...

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
A few little niggles with the car atm so I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction...

1. Got a slight knock from the drivers side wheel arch area. I can only really hear it when braking reasonably hard as I come to a stop (as the car kind of 'sits' back). Possibly a knackered ball joint? I don't think its top mount related as they havn't knocked since fitting the strut top washers.

2. Engine runs a bit sh*tty when cold but is fine after about 2 mins of driving. Sounds like it's running on 3 cylinders but much milder. I'm thinking it could be just a bit of oil on one of the plugs that burns off after a few minutes of driving?

3. Engine seems to 'skip' at low revs but it's intermittent, possibly related to the above?

4. Sometimes on statup the engine sounds like it'll start but then doesn't, i.e. just as the engine is about to start it dies. Second time it fires up perfectly though. I'm thinking a possible dodgy battery? I charged it up and it seems to be ok. If I go to start it again later on in the day it's fine too so I'm not sure if it's the starter motor either? Not convinced it's the alternator tbh...

Any help appreciated! Cheers :)

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Regarding 2 yeh I've heard quite a few people's do it, but mine never used to! Was since I changed the plugs... Might take them out an re-torque em again just to make sure they're not letting any oil through.

I'd forgot about the TDC sensor, will have a look at this cheers!