ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A little audio help

1.2 Renault Clio Exp
Hi there
i need some help choosing the best audio solution in my 1.2 clio
I have a pretty decent aftermarket HU and now i want to upgrade the stock speakers
i dont want anything too fancy just a system that will sound good and not be too much of a dent in my pocket..
Also another thing.. i dont want to replace my dash tweeters (simply because i know ill mess up taking the dash off) so is the a way around this?
the main question i am trying to ask is:
What type of speakers shall i put in the front and rear of the car?
Components front and rear and or co-axials front and rear?
I have hardly any exprience in putting a decent sound system in my car and im just looking for some tips..

Thanks for your time and knowledge =]

1.2 Renault Clio Exp
about £100
So just buying some componets and not using the tweeters?
Are the stock ones any good?

monaco 172
Your a fool if you don't want to replace the stock tweeters. It's a 30 minute job.

Anyway

Ditch the rears, ruins the sound stage

Good components in the front, MTX, hertz , focal , jl, the list goes on.

Sub of choice in boot.

4 channel amp to Power sub and components or a mono amp and 2 channel

Stripped yozza'd cup
Rear doesn't ruin the soundstage at all.... as long as they're just for a fill.

As said though, you should definitely replace the tweeters, it's a very very easy job and will make the world of difference.

Rusty Cup
Alipine headunit is the only way forwards!! (arguably doesnt matter which one) i will never buy another brand of headunit after experiencing the perfection of my glide touch.

monaco 172
Alipine headunit is the only way forwards!! (arguably doesnt matter which one) i will never buy another brand of headunit after experiencing the perfection of my glide touch.

Hmm don't really agree with that comment, I run an alpine unit my self, but some of the best sq units out there are pioneer.

Jack, I understand what your saying mate, but unless done correctly then rears does ruin the sound stage.

Stripped yozza'd cup
Hmm don't really agree with that comment, I run an alpine unit my self, but some of the best sq units out there are pioneer.

Jack, I understand what your saying mate, but unless done correctly then rears does ruin the sound stage.

I've always found that Alpine make the best 'budget' headunits, Pioneer stuff is very good, but only if you spend money..... all IMO of course.

Rusty Cup

Pioneer is fashion over function all day long, Alpine F1 status is likely to be the best car audio gear you'll come across before looking at money no object applications.

I've always found that Alpine make the best 'budget' headunits, Pioneer stuff is very good, but only if you spend money..... all IMO of course.

I agree Alpines budget hu's are very good for the money