ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A.N Other New Guy

My own
Hello to you all.....

I am in need of advice and have been trailing the net for days looking for an answer.

I am going to buy an Clio RS but not sure which 1 to go for. I would love to go for the trophy but a tad too expensive, looking at spending between £7k & £9k, is it best to get a late 172 sport with cup pack, or a 172 cup? or an older 182, again, to cup or not to cup?

I suppose its down to preference but having only driven a brand new trophy, not sure which to go for.

Any help is much appreciated.

Chocolate Bar™
to be honest i think the main thing you have to ask is do you want ABS / half leather. if yes to both then get a non-cup.

personally, if your not bothered about derivitive then try and get one as mint as possible for your budget.

Nimbus Clio 197
my mate has a 172 with all the toys. its ok with the leather seats and the climate control actually. but i have a Cup, its a bit quicker and lighter, and a nicer colour, but doesnt have ABS or climate. depends which you prefer i guess! sometimes i wish id got a full fat 172.......

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Nicer colour eh mike!!! me thinks that blue is much more common now than my silver one!!

My own
I think...for the kind of car I would prefer the ABS, but looking at the specs for both the 172 and 182, they are the same, 0-60 and pretty much top end too. bit confusing, are there any distinct differences bar the 10bhp?

Nimbus Clio 197
not really mate, the performance on all of them is pretty much on a par. the Cup is a bit quicker 0-60mph but i doubt most people would notice

Megane Trophy
ive just bought a 172, abs - awesome mine stops 60-0 within 2 seconds id say, and it has all the luxuries i would want

get a 172, and with induction kit and decent exhaust you have the same power as the 182, but i think it would be quicker possibly

Depends what you cna get personally I'd go for a cheap 172 maybe Mk1 as they do have advantages then get 182 coilovers and hubs for the 182 handling the extra hp is neglectable.

My own
sounding good, i'll be looking for the 182 back box though, love the look of that, i dont want to mod it too much, less is more is my philosophy. thanks so much for the advice.....i'll be posting pics as soon as i find a clean example!!!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Get the cheapest 182 you can and you'll get more for it in the long run,plus you'll enjoy it just as much as the 172

ian

Chocolate Bar™
when i say spend the saved money on mods, i mean things like a good set of coilovers an a nice exhaust... all you need on a sport imo

106 GTi
Welcome to CS

If you want comfort and toys get 182 with cup packs, if you want a drivers car with no frills 172 cup

Nimbus Clio 197
for me the 172 or the 172 Cup is near enough exactly the same car as a 182, with the same performance, but cheaper!

182BG
i think it all depends on what your looking for, like me i was looking for something cheapish so i had money to spend on modding it, im not bothered by luxuries so i went for the 172cup, plus i intend to put some buckets in, if i had leather i would be very dubious about doing that. lol

sounds to me your best bet is going for a 182 without or without cup packs.

welcome and good luck with the search