ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A New Car.....

Hi all Dave here im 19 and live in Somerset Im about to buy brand new a Clio 1.2 16v Dynamic Im and Estate Agent so on a ok wage I have been told a few garages will do free insurance I have had no luck, lol and insurance on it will be £1680 not cheap I know but hell to it I need to know if you guys know of cheaper or any garage where I can get free insuracne on brand new Clios I have hunted and im outta ideas, lol Im heading to Bristol this week to put down £250 on a 04 Dynamic the different alloys and spoiler etc but unsure on colour, lol any tips on that also? but insuracne would be a great help.

Cheers all

Dave

Remapped derv Golf

Try putting your parents on the policy as named drivers. This might help a bit as the guy who bought my VTR (also 19) did that and got it down to £1300 with elephant i think.

Have a friend who got free insurance as part of the deal (wasnt offered with the car) on a 1.4 Dynamic. Just managed to get the dealer to add it so she wouldnt go elsewhere.

Yea I think I may have to do the Ill walk away unless you give me the insurance, lol But just found out my dad will give me 1k towards it lol so seems ok after all so next question is best colour for it? lol but thx for the reply Adam :)

Cheers

Dave

hello mate. i baught a new clio a couple of years back. y reg. i was about 19 and i got free insurance. it was from a renault dealer. and when my years free ran out i had 60% no claims apparantly. and i could insure a vts at 20 for a grand. ???

They have these offers for free insurance like 4 times a year. Im sure as the new reg (04) will be on the way theyll be offering it again soon.

Colour......

Id go for black for the 1.2, the bump strips dont look quite as obvious and it looks better, well thats what i think!

Gary you lucky bugger, lol I was going to get a VTR but they wanted £2800 on the insurance so I quickly ran lol that was on a S plate but hell the Clios are cool, lol and 172Gal yea the offers do seem to be a few tikes a year and Iwas hoping that with it being the start he may offer me free insurance but this car is on the 53 plate but with the 04 shape no major diff: so he tells me just a tad different in parts everyone likes the black I have to say, may need to listen to you folks after all

Well thanks for the feedback Ill be sure to keep my foot in the door here and post whe never possible, But as for now back to the office *gggrrr*

Cheers

Dave

All for black it is then, lol Im thinking no i may wait till crimbo is done see what extras they want to chuck at me, lol

my mate and his lass baught a clio billabong in black about 1yr ago. that is v nice. dont know what engine tho. if i were you mate i would wait to they give out free insurance. well worth it for me.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Hmmmm blue

same as me bambam

hehehe

it does look very nice when clean an shiny,

i try and keep mine lookin like that! but doesnt help in the midlands and without a garage,

oh well cant complain while im at university

the car was an absolute state when that picture was taken and the drivers side had been screwdrivered

but it is really easy to keep the blue clean

Remapped derv Golf

Cant you go to the 1.4 16v? My aunt has a 52 reg and its got lots of extra bits Im not sure the 1.2 has got as standard.

Im only 19 if and only if i can get the free insurance then ill say sod it and get the 1.4 lol but at the minute its £1680 for the damn 1.2 and thats sh*t loads i thought, lol i did shop around and that was the best by far ther esa few extras on the 1.2 but i know of many the 1.4 will have over it just tryin to blag the damn insurance ggrrr

Cheers

Dave