ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A-Pillars and Alarm Sensors

E46 M3, Clio 182
Hello,

I have had a very quick search on my lunch but found nothing.

I have brought some flocked A-Pillars, but when i went to remove my original ones the alarm sensors are in the way, the wires run to the back of the dash, do i need to remove the dash aswell and unplug the alarm sensors, or is there another way around this?

Thanks
Matt

PH2 Flamer
The actual sensor is just clipped into the bracket, which is then screwed onto the A-post trim.

Push the sensor out of the bracket, then you can remove the trim. Unscrew bracket and fit it onto new a-pillar.

Refit trim and pop sensor back in.

@BlackGoldMatt Dont know if you'll remember as its a couple of years ago but Did you find you had to cut the wiring on your alarm sensors in order to get them onto the new A Pillars?

Can't see how else I can fit them on my flocked ones without cutting and resoldering...

No way off physically taking them off from what I can see without cutting the wire
image.jpeg

Also does anyone know if I was to cut the wires, and just tuck them behind my new A-Pillars? And then refit and resolder them another day. Or will it cause an issue with an alarm sensor not do

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
^^^^
Cut the cable out of the plastic and have the cable running over the top of the new ones. Iv done it to mine and screwed the sensor right up into the corner so you don't see the cable.