ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A possible problem somewhere?

ClioSport 172 Cup
Some days my car feels pokey, other days it feels like its straining!
Does anyone else get this weird intermittent power difference on the mk2?
I`ve ran all the test on my RSTuner and it says all systems are GO. Its just really weird, i feel like i`m having to give it more pedal just to get it accelerating...where as sometimes the throttle feels lovely and responsive. I don`t know where to start looking.

Samuel

DMS

A thirsty 172
As above. They will rev more freely when warmed up (less friction in the engine etc). Don't they do something different with the fuelling when they're warmed up too?
Mine sometimes feels a bit like that, but then I've got a broken exhaust so it's felt underpowered for about a month now :(

Black 197
Not sure what that could be ?? Dont u just hate the F4R engine when its cold.. Mine drive pants till it gets just over 2 bars then its off !.

ClioSport 172 Cup
I took my VVT valve out and examined it once, how can you tell if its jammed though?? I dunno what i`m looking for. AND yeh these cars are pants when they are cold! Mine still does it sometimes though even when the engine is at operating temperature. I guess i will have to go through a process of elimination, i thought maybe plugs first, even though i replaced them not long ago, coil maybe..?. I also wondered whether my exhaust system might have a problem, i do get a bit of soot around the joint between the back box and centre section, dunno whether that would cause such a big problem though.

Samuel

172 FF
This happens all the time regardless if the engines warm or not .. if anything better cold as the mixture is richer and the car seems a little more poky.

In general I find the moment i start the car i know if it will be running sweet or like a bag of spanners .. sadly it tends to opt for the spanner option most days .. The strange thing was i once drove through a deepish puddle and steam was bellowing from under the car .. but omg the thing drove out of shin. sadly after a few days the car went back to being a dog ... It feels like and sounds like its being held back throughout the whole rev range.. No low power grunt, and no sign of any kick in the top end.. if anything it sounds so aweful I wont even try .. currently ( touch wood ) its running ok.. throttle responce is back and the engine sounds throaty and crisp all the way..