ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A tinny kind of sound....

Clive the Clio no. 2
Hi Guys,

Started up the car this morning and noticed a tinny kind of sound coming from the exhaust (I think) it either sounds like there is a hole in it or something is stuck in it,

iv had a look and there is nothing by the back box, but i cant get under far enough to have a look all the way up.

it only happens in first and second, and can only hear it at about 3000rpm and above.

thing is, the car is only 5 months old and surely the exhaust cant of blown already

any suggestions?

Titanium 182
when they go it sounds like little things rattling about in your exhaust a kind of tinkelling **tinkely** (Lol) sound.

Possible but not likely. Have you been ragging it or sticking brooms down your exhaust pipe [f0xy ;)]

Clive the Clio no. 2
i dont really rag it, not all the time, and i cant say iv shoved anything down the pipe, it would be rather difficult on my mk3!

Whats the solution to stop it tinkling? i could de cat, or fix under warrenty?!

Cant be arsed with renault though!

Titanium 182
Don't decat more trouble than its worth. Try get renault to give you some cash towords it then buy a sports cat :D

Failing that get renault to look at it under warranty.

Titanium 182
I associate the smell of rotten eggs with driveshaft/gearbox oil TBH...

So would'nt know.

Did you pull a driveshaft out ;)

Clive the Clio no. 2
the egg smell was what my mate said to smell when im driving, probably a load of b****cks,

is there anything i can do at home to check it or just get it into the stealers?

thing is there is no light on the dashboard

Clio MK 4
mine has this sound aswell. but seems to be comming from under the engine bay. does my nut in!!! So much i hate driving with windows down lol