ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A wild Veyron appears...

I've seen EB BUG at a few shows :)
Took off rather well at the end. Also somewhat quieter than that civic lol!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
driving and filming at the same time... along with some horrific sounding honda's lol the amount of noise the civic makes and goes nowhere, the veyron is pretty much quiet and laughs that its rear tyre is worth more than the civic lol

Disastra Coupe
Full on fail at filming... No need for getting so much wind noise. But LOL at the Veyron turning up.

n2x

e60/f10
I´d be too afraid to turn the +500bhp switch and only cruise around with the standard 500bhp if i had a Veyron tbh :quiet:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i dont see the reason people like r8's? they are the same power as a rs4... i would much rather a rs4 over one, and to be honest for the price you could get a c6 rs6 stage 3 it and have it putting out 700 bhp and piss on a r8 v10. its more hilarious to see an estate car pissing on super cars...

10x the looks, better handling, more road presence... Just some of the reasons I'd have an R8 over the RS4/6.

The gen pub still appear to buy them, so I'm guessing others agree!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
10x the looks, better handling, more road presence... Just some of the reasons I'd have an R8 over the RS4/6.

The gen pub still appear to buy them, so I'm guessing others agree!

Agreed, I like estate cars to be practical and economical, i'd sooner have a diesel estate than a 700bhp one, if I want to go quick I have cars for that anyway.
I doubt many people have an R8 as an only car.

Agreed, I like estate cars to be practical and economical, i'd sooner have a diesel estate than a 700bhp one, if I want to go quick I have cars for that anyway.
I doubt many people have an R8 as an only car.

Exactly. 3l TDI A4 quattro auto for the Lakes/dogs, R8 for the 3k miles a year of fun.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Depends on the driver lol seen rs4's post better track times an r8's on the same day lol.

personally I would buy a gtr over all of the above choices but I would rather a c6 rs6 or a b7 rs4 over an r8... Was at a tuner rolling road day the owner had a b7 rs4 supercharged and said he preferred the stock rs4 over a stock v8 r8, but is in the process of twin supercharging the v8 r8 he has...

I can completely understand the pull of a massively tuned RS4/RS6. As an Audi nut, I know where you're coming from. A guy who looks after our Audis has a standard B6 S4 cab (bar an exhaust), a monstrous b5 S4 and an RS4 avant B5... love any one of those.

Money no object, I'd be supercharging M3 CSLs, building RS6 monsters, TT Gallardos etc. But as a stock package, one off spend of £70k+, I'd go with the more sorted out of the box option.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Depends on the driver lol seen rs4's post better track times an r8's on the same day lol.

So the car that you feel you would want to own is whatever one you see someone else drive better?
Surely if talking about a car for myself, the only persons driving that matters is mine and I'd be quicker in the R8 I would think.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Exactly. 3l TDI A4 quattro auto for the Lakes/dogs, R8 for the 3k miles a year of fun.

Indeed and Ive found that after mapping them those 3.0 Tdi's are more than quick enough for any driving I'd ever want to do on the public highway really as well as good on fuel. Ideal estate car, where are you going to use a 700bhp estate car in anger for long enough to justify the huge expense of owning one?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
So the car that you feel you would want to own is whatever one you see someone else drive better?
Surely if talking about a car for myself, the only persons driving that matters is mine and I'd be quicker in the R8 I would think.

No I'm just not a fan of the r8, I think they have dated badly, the new version is ok but when I see one its just not as special as it should be.... A gtr excites me more when I see it.

personally I would have a rs4 or rs6 over a r8 I'm just not a fan.... And for 70k I would rather a second hand gallardo lol.