ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A404 Marlow Hill Pot Hole Ruined my Wheel

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member

look what it did...

http://usera.imagecave.com/adamlister/untitled.bmp.jpg

...to say im pissed off is an understatement! I wasnt speeding and couldnt move to the other lane as it was occupied. This pothole was about 8 inches deep and 4 feet wide. If any of you know the Marlow Hill in Wycombe its just before Wycombe General on the way down.

Im so gutted as they dont make EvoRs anymore :cry:

Im now suing my local council over this..

Cheers
Ad

[Edited by adamlister on 02 April 2005 at 11:12am]

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

yep a friend of mine claimed £145 for a new wheel for his car due to a pot hole so do it mate.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

I was on this road last night and know the pot hole well. Its one I know to avoid. Your lucky you didnt lose control completely as thefront must have jumped a bit after that impact. Is your subframe/suspension ok. Have you tried putting the pare on and seeing if it drives straight still.

Go back to the road mate and take some pictures, then, bang a claim in with the council that is responsible for the upkeep of the road, you should be able to get a new wheel out of em

Ziel Nurburgring

Will defo avoid this one. What with the camera vans half way down the hill towards marlow its become a bit of a sh*t road.

dk

911 GTS Cab

i rarely use it, i will mgo out of mky way not to, and you should take pics before you make a claim as they might fill it in at any time!

good luck and sorry for your damage.

Clio 197

Sh*T!

Check your suspension/tracking/subframe mate.

Think about it, theyd crush your car if you didnt pay road tax; so go after them until they pay!

our town concile (spellin) cant afford to mend the pot holie roads as peeps keep suing thm for damage the pot holes cause lol

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member

My G/F went to take pics less than 12 hours later and 2 hours after my first email to them.. its been filled in already!

Cheers for the comments guys, the tracking and suspension is fine and the tyre has no bulges.. im really impressed and my god it was a big whack!!

Cheers

Ad

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Take plenty of pics of the road, the pothole, the approach to the pothole.

I tried to sue the council for me hitting an upturned manhole cover and I was unsuccessful.

Council said it was the waterboards fault. Waterboard said it was the councils fault. Neither would back down and I never got anything.

Went through insurance as there was a fair bit of damage: alloy, tyre, strut, track rod, wheel bearing,...

Good luck with claim.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member

I have about 6 pictures of the pot hole (filled in) and the approach etc. I am def not backing down on this, might find a friendly garage to do an estimate sort of thing.

Cheers
Ad

172beast

I got 180 quid out the council for a pothole I smashed a wheel on, just took photos, quotes from garages and sent em, 3 weeks later I got a cheque. Thing is theyve still yet to repair the hole and I claimed about 7 months abck now!

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Ridiculous that 172beast.

Thats a nice waste of council tax. Far cheaper to fix the hole asap, rather than ages later, spend the same amount fixing it and having to probably fork out loads in compo claims.

Adam, it may take a while but yeah, dont back down. Id even threaten them with local papers if they argue.