ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AA Cover

What is the score with AA cover when you get the new cars. Picked my car up about three weeks ago and not recieved anything through confirming details with the AA.

Also would a flat tyre with the cup warrant a call to the AA?

Cheers

Col

I didnt get anything from them you should have a card with there number on it in the owners manual or in the car behind the tax disk.

I cannot see any problem calling them out especially with a cup as the tyre stuff wont work on all tyre damage.

There is normally as limit ot the amount of times you can call then out if you paid for AA cover but as it comes with the car you sould ba able to call them out whenever.

I called them to get my car when I crashed it no questions were raised and even when they were asked to move it again to the dealership they had no problems.

If your worried just give them a quick call there free phone numbers in the book. They should know the car by its registration plate and have it on the system.

EDD

Renault Laguna Sports

You just ring the freephone number on the card and they ask for your membership no., this is your reg, no. No problem with amount of callouts, Pretender called them out twice in less than a fortnight when his gearbox packed up.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

the aa now have a seperate service for punctures etc, so u dont need to be a member for that 08703339884 [apparently] :oops:

E36 323i coupe

true enough... however, I have called them out for a puncture in the Cup.

Quite aside of the fact that I couldnt be arsed to fanny around with the foam as I was on the A1(M) on my way to see my sister in Cambridge, I would have had to remove my sub and amp etc to get to it.

They sent an AA affiliated garage to me, and they were brilliant.

Theres no limit on the number of callouts either as the cover is with the car.
Even when you pay for it, you have to pay the bare minimum to limit callouts. I had a fairly average cover from the RAC on my old Metro Turbo, and towards the end of its days I called them out at least twice a week (not a word of a lie) to deal with something!!

One question though... can you call out the AA to assist with another car, or is it the car that is the member and not you?

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

its probably the postcode m8, if u say ur from that address they should deal with any car. the RAC is like this anyhow

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Gambler on 05 January 2004

I think its the car thats covered rather than a personal membership.
Correct...

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 05 January 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Gambler on 05 January 2004

I think its the car thats covered rather than a personal membership.
Correct...

IIRC The RAC cover the person independant of which car they are in.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 05 January 2004

IIRC The RAC cover the person independant of which car they are in.
Thats the AA youre thinking of...

However, the free Renault AA cover is for the car only!

Skoda Fabia vRS

whats the deal with the AA, ive never really understood it, when you call them out do you have to pay anything ?.......any parts?....labour ?

VW Potato

you pay your membership fee (obviously) plus pay for any parts that you may need on the spot.

Only used them once when my mums hateful, horrid, Volvo 480s alternator packed up on me the M4...at 4am. A b*****d, shi5, cun5 of a car that was.

g

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Scudetto on 08 January 2004

you pay your membership fee (obviously)
Not in this case...

Were on about the 3 years free cover you get with a new Renault!