ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AA service centres

Anybody tired these centres? Thinking of getting my 01 172 36K (at 40K) service done there and wouldnt mind an opinion

Clio 1.4, SV650S

just had my mk2 1.4 48k service at the AA centre in Loughborough, was very good, have heard good reports from others too.

£99 for a full service that they claim is more comprehensive than the manufacturers. even knew to reccomend i change my cambelt because it was due and gave me a report of all the bits that may go wrong soon etc, e.g. exhaust looks a bit rusty but its fine for the moment.

i didnt need any work doing so it was ok, but to change fuel filter and pollen filter they wanted £60-90 and they didnt have the parts.

Not a Clio

i had most of the work on my clio done at an AA service centre. Only real problem i had was when they backed it into a skip for me.

1.2 16v Dynamique

i used to work in one until they shut us all down, they are now nationwide aiut centres but in the contract stay as aa for 12 month. and the services are far more comprehensive as i now work for vauxhall and do half the work on a service.

Quote: Originally posted by gee_clio on 23 February 2005

i used to work in one until they shut us all down, they are now nationwide aiut centres but in the contract stay as aa for 12 month. and the services are far more comprehensive as i now work for vauxhall and do half the work on a service.

why do main dealers insist on ripping us off. i paid £165 for my first service, and it was only and oil and filter change.

i did it for the stamp and warranty, and then found out that they ised the wrong oil so had to do an oil change myself.

1.2 16v Dynamique

Quote: Originally posted by iwantaV6 on 23 February 2005

Quote: Originally posted by gee_clio on 23 February 2005

why do main dealers insist on ripping us off. i paid £165 for my first service, and it was only and oil and filter change.

i did it for the stamp and warranty, and then found out that they ised the wrong oil so had to do an oil change myself.
i totaly agree with you fella, its all about money, we have to be as productive as we can and charge as much as we can, no thought for the customer, just the big wig. anyway, get it serviced with genuine bits at a local garage, wont void the warenty.