ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Abandoned Vehicles Thread.

Rb 182
Not really an Abandoned car, but spotted this at a railway company we haul things for. One of 30 odd, that caught fire whilst in transit.

DSC00170.jpg

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
My claim to fame, I took the pictures below (check out my name in the dust on the car)...

Longbridge Car Plant...
l1iw0.jpg

l2rb4.jpg

l3ys6.jpg

l4qq5.jpg

l14ub8.jpg

l28et2.jpg

l30wo4.jpg

l31me1.jpg

l33lo0.jpg

l34sr3.jpg

l35qa9.jpg

l37ot8.jpg

l38iz3.jpg

l50ph8.jpg

l51fe3.jpg

l52oz5.jpg

l53kv7.jpg

l54nb8.jpg

l55qc8.jpg

l56kw6.jpg

u9in8.jpg

u10xy8.jpg

u11mc0.jpg

A few more from Rover...

2006830-5a46d15ea777c3aa.jpg

1978989-402373436b568471.jpg

Also some other abandoned cars I have found not in car factories...

1745504-fe9c434a37e148fb.jpg

1502833-dcb333aa9d1f5540.jpg

And if a burnt car wasn't enough...

2101212-8fac507e7e052dba.jpg

My claim to fame, I took the pictures below (check out my name in the dust on the car)...

Mate i cannot believe you are on here.

I saw those pictures on 28dayslater many moons ago when you first posted them and was just sat goggle eyed with my jaw on the floor. They were what got me interested in urbex'ing. Amazing.

That prototype TF always makes me wonder what if, and in a very schoolboy way the stories of complete cars with the keys sat in them make my mind race.

Awesome stuff.

Two 0 Shitx
ETyperear.jpg

scrapDB4.jpg

scrapDB4.jpg

scrapDB6.jpg

scraplotus.jpg

On a seperate note, a mate of my dads has some really nice cars rotting away in his garden or in his warehouse. He's got some serious money, just buys cars off my dad, astons, E30 M3's, loads of stuff, uses them for a couple of weeks then doesn't use them again. He will not sell any of it either, he got a brand new Volvo S40 that was bought through an insurance company but wasn't recorded but was flooded etc, Volvo found out a couple of years later, he never used it and they wanted to buy it back off him, they could only get him to budge when they offered him a brand new one! Crazy guy lol Might ask the old man if we can go down one day and ill take the camera.

What I cant understand is why has no-one raided that rover factory? The prototypes must be worth something to someone...

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
Mate i cannot believe you are on here.

I saw those pictures on 28dayslater many moons ago when you first posted them and was just sat goggle eyed with my jaw on the floor. They were what got me interested in urbex'ing. Amazing.

That prototype TF always makes me wonder what if, and in a very schoolboy way the stories of complete cars with the keys sat in them make my mind race.

Awesome stuff.

i cant say anything else that tom hasnt said, truly amazing stuff

Thanks for the appreciation, it's much appreciated :)

If you liked my Rover stuff, then you might like my other photography...

www.photoaddiction.co.uk

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
Oh and btw...

There was a car, complete, with keys in and you could start it (I think, I got to the 2nd stage of ignition before I chickened out of turning the engine over as it would have echoed all the way to the security hut!)

The following pictures are of that car, these pictures are exclusives as they have never been posted on the internet before (the one you see inside the car was unfortunately hand held so a bit blurry, but you can see the dash lights from me turning the ignition key)...

cliorover.jpg

roverckpit.jpg

Oh and btw...

There was a car, complete, with keys in and you could start it (I think, I got to the 2nd stage of ignition before I chickened out of turning the engine over as it would have echoed all the way to the security hut!)

The following pictures are of that car, these pictures are exclusives as they have never been posted on the internet before (the one you see inside the car was unfortunately hand held so a bit blurry, but you can see the dash lights from me turning the ignition key)...

cliorover.jpg

roverckpit.jpg

Fuuuuuuuuuu:eek:

Truly, everyone literally stopped what they were doing and walked out.

I cant tell you how nice it is to know the rumours i had heard were true!

Thanks mate

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
Is it actually possible to go see that plant now?

Officially no explorer has been to the plant with permission bar one in 2006 who documented all the tunnels I have done (there are more still out there).

Since MG Motors UK Ltd. got the contract for the conversion of TF's to right hand drive, it has been impossible to organize a trip, however people have been in, in 2009 there were about 3 trips of other explorers going in. Apart from all the body shells that have been removed and a selection of new cars made, nothing has changed.

They have however had multiple thefts from the site, mainly cabling and a few items from the flight shed (research and design area), this now means the area is patrolled by 2 separate security companies and a 3rd company watches the CCTV externally.

You can get in, but it is a fair amount of effort, not like it was in 2007, then you went through a gap in the fence, up a hill and in the door. It took less than 2 minutes.

DCi 100
So wish I could have gone to the MG factory, really is one of a kind. I did have pics of the car at RAF Croft in Warrington before I whiped my SD card, someone else's picture though:

2845806196_11709e9321.png

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Can't beleive some of these pics! Thoselongbridge ones are truly unbeleivable!! does anyone whats going on with longbridge and whats inside?

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
They have stripped a fair amount of it, it doesn't look like the pictures any more.

They have been building a new assembley line for a new model but that has gone over its completion date. I doubt very much if they will continue to build cars in Longbridge after this new model, it will be cheaper to make everything overseas.

That and the company who own the building site around it want to buy the factory land for redevelopment.

If it closes, I will go back to photograph the tunnels we have found entrances to since but never visited before (these are all new un-photographed tunnels too ;))

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
what do these tunnels have in them, what were they used for?

most were built to be used as factories in the event of bombings during WWII so they could produce military equipment 24hrs a day bombing raid or not.

Another pic to add, found it in a multi-story...

4479479835_a7bdb9c451_o.jpg

Fabia VRS Special Ed
My missus' step dad bought an old E-type that was in boxes and had been standing for years, he shot blasted it all and he's been restoring it for about a year now...I'll get pics later, absolutely fantastic project!