ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

about to pull all my hair out! TV/PC problem

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
thought id post this up see if anyone has any ideas, im leaning towards calling LG to get an engineer out but see what you guys think.....

Ive got a 42" LG LED LCD tv, with an HTPC connected to it along with a blue ray player and X360 (all 3 devices are connected via HDMI)

the HTPC suddenly stopped displaying anything, when i select the input menu on the TV it recognises something is connected to that port but when i select it, it gives me a no signal message.

straight away i tried using a different HDMI port, no luck.
different HDMI cable, no luck
Tried xbox and blue ray on the port that the Pc is usually on, they worked fine
assumed the graphics card was dodgey so ordered a new one (i dont game so just run cheapo radeon HD6450, so wasnt too expensive), no luck!!!
tried my new and old graphics card on different PC's they work fine

lost the rag, took my PC to my mates house and tried it on his TV and it works fine.

do PC's and other devices use HDMI differently? i cant understand how HDMI devices are working fine on my TV and my PC is working fine on another TV yet the 2 of them suddenly wont work together?

ive tried reseting the TV and updating the software on it, still no luck.

Or a normal monitor if you don't have another TV! Sounds a bit like what can happen when you move a PS3 from one TV to another.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
HTPC is putting out 1920x1080 @ 70hz, as it always has for the last 6 months on this TV, however ive tried lowering it to no effect. i genuinely cant understand it, im going to unplug everything leave it overnight then attack it with a fresh head!

cheers for the ideas so far

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
nothing to do with drivers as it wont even show me bios screen, zero display of anything, and it works fine on my mates TV.

the only thing ive not got round to to trying is another computer into my TV via HDMI, cant right now as ive left my laptop in the car and its in the garage getting a cambelt change

strange one, genuinely am stumped, never been like this with any computer issues lol

Cup In bits
Dont know the technical description but have you got a key on top of the keyboard that looks like a big and small screen, when you press it with the function key it changes the output? That's what I have to do.

182 Trophy #333
Dont know the technical description but have you got a key on top of the keyboard that looks like a big and small screen, when you press it with the function key it changes the output? That's what I have to do.

Laptop? Desktop / HTPC keyboards rarely have this function!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
left the thing unplugged overnight, went back with a clean head in the morning and it burst straight into life and has been fine ever since?!

i honestly had the thing rebooted 50 times over the last few weeks, trying different everything! but hey ho its working now!