ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS DELETE help

clio campus sport1.2
Hi all,
Struggling to find a full explanation of what i have to do to delete my abs. Im not wanting to spend 100’s on a full kit as its only a show car. But i will still be driving it off a weekend ect so it needs to he road worthy still. Ive seen simple diy jobs but the speedo doesnt work.
could someone please point me in the right direction of what i need to do. Thanks in advance.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Why would you want to delete the ABS if its a "show only car"? I could understand if it was a track/race car, but show car 🤷‍♂️
Easiest way is to pull off an abs sensor i imagine ...

clio campus sport1.2
Again, why? Makes no sense at all and messing with your brakes on the cheap can't be the most sensible thing to do.
Im not saying i want to do it at the cheap, im saying i dont want to spend 100’s on it. And its because im smoothing the bay out so im getting rid of everything i can to tidy the bay up before i paint it.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Just leave it in the bay, your still going to have to run lines in the bay anyway so all your gaining is a bit of space at the back where the abs block is. Hardly worth it when you think of the hassle of having to find a speedo work around.

The speedo would be a massive workaround to get the factory dials working - if possible

Keep abs sensors in with abs module (remove pump part, @1985michael182 done this) Fit 172 cup setup and thats it. OR, keep abs, because when you go to putting it back in, you will want to do very bad things to the car

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
Abs pump needs to go in the bin.
Keep the 2 front abs sensors and the abs brain. Fit cup 172 MC.

20190811_131509.jpg

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
So on my 172 I can remove mine all together then and just keep the brains?
If yours has abs them I imagine you wont have the gearbox sped sensor. So you can remove the main abs pump then unscrew the brain from it.
You can remove the rear abs sensors and all the rear wiring as far forward as the main connector at the bottom of the front bulk head.
Then fit the the 172Cup master cylinder which is a 4port or keep yours which will be 2 port and put Tee connectors in.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Defo has a gearbox sensor as I had to change it when I get the car because the speedo wasn't working.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I changed my cup from no ABS to ABS because it's not obtrusive and saves your bacon when you need it the most. For me deleting ABS is one of those things done pretty frequently on track cars for no real reason other than to save a meaningless amount of weight to the amateur driver.