ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS Hydraulic unit

clio 1.2 16v
Hi
Has anyone changed one of these units.
My speedo is not working and the Renault dealership reckons the ABS computer which is part of this unit is faulty and that it is 4 and a half hours work to replace it?

Also since being at the garage the power steering doesn't work.

I have second hand ABS unit now and plan to replace it shortly. Although there do seem to be a lot of (and strange problems) with ABS systems on here. So I hope the second hand unit does not give me more problems.

Anyone have any experience on this?
Thanks

clio 1.2 16v
I changed the ABS unit but the speedo and PAS still did not work.
The Renault garage told me it would need reprogramming - so back to the garage it went.

They phoned to say that although the ABS unit was now sending out a strong signal they were stumped and could not get the speedo and PAS working.

After further diagnostics (which included them putting in a temporary ABS unit) they eventually found a blown resistor in the cable from the ABS unit to the dash board.
The resistor blowing probably took out the ABS computer interface at the same time.

I now have a working speedo and power steering.

clio 1.2 16v
The Renault garage were really good.
Their charges came to about £160 which included fixing a fault with the airbag light (common fault they told me-wiring under the drivers seat)
ABS unit £75 plus brake fluid and I aslo bought a bleeding kit, which was brilliant. One of those which you use the spare tyre to pressurise the system. The Haynes manual said that if you get air into the abs unit it can be difficult to bleed the system. It was a piece of cake with this kit.
I also discovered that you can phone Haynes for technical advice.