ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS - loud grinding sound?

?
Is this normal? A loud grinding noise sounding like a motor when i slam on the brakes to delibreately test abs at low speed? havent tried it at higher speeds etc.

abs seems to work fine though

172 Race Car
yes they can be very noisy when working. Thats the pump you can hear working, from the passenger side front. The brake pedal may feel strange also

120d M-Sport
Loud screeching noise like the buses make?

If so my meganes been doing it since i got it lol, nothing to worry about but drives ya mad!!! Lol :eek:

?
Nah not a loud screetching noise... just like a grinding noise that carrys on sometimes for 1 sec after abs finishes.

Charged Superleggera
prepare for your abs light to come on mate. mines does this. have had it on the machine and it turns out its a faulty abs sensor. my abs warning light comes on and off though

Clio 1.2 Billabong
Just out of curiosity, does anyone get the same noise from the ABS when they've just gone over a speed bump?