ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS noise from Nearside Front on Clio mk2

Renault Clio Mk2 1.2
Bit of a story behind this:

At first, there was a really bad crunching noise so took it to a garage because i suspected the reluctor ring was knackered, they diagnosed it as an ABS sensor at first but then told me it was in fact the reluctor ring and so replaced that and gave me a price they would charge if i wanted the sensor done as well if there was still a problem.

Noticed soon after that there was still a grinding noise that happened when i set off mostly and when i go over a pothole or there’s some sort of bump to the nearside wheel. Decided to get the ABS sensor changed today as that’s what i guessed was wrong, just a faulty sensor, just got the car back, took it for a spin and it’s still making the same noise, only makes the noise for a few seconds and then stops. Anyone know what could be causing this? I’m out of ideas now, definitely sounds like the ABS is trying to kick in on that wheel.

PH2 172
Bit of a story behind this:

At first, there was a really bad crunching noise so took it to a garage because i suspected the reluctor ring was knackered, they diagnosed it as an ABS sensor at first but then told me it was in fact the reluctor ring and so replaced that and gave me a price they would charge if i wanted the sensor done as well if there was still a problem.

Noticed soon after that there was still a grinding noise that happened when i set off mostly and when i go over a pothole or there’s some sort of bump to the nearside wheel. Decided to get the ABS sensor changed today as that’s what i guessed was wrong, just a faulty sensor, just got the car back, took it for a spin and it’s still making the same noise, only makes the noise for a few seconds and then stops. Anyone know what could be causing this? I’m out of ideas now, definitely sounds like the ABS is trying to kick in on that wheel.

Did they show you the old parts they had changed as it sounds they have done nothing at all?

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I assume your talking about the ABS self check? No ABS light on the dash etc?
Just a few ABS noises when you first set off? And if you go over speed bumps a little too quick?

Is it affecting your peddle at all? Fighting your foot back?

Renault Clio Mk2 1.2
Did they show you the old parts they had changed as it sounds they have done nothing at all?
The reluctor ring definitely fixed the first problem but there is still a problem after the sensor was changed, i will speak to the garage at the weekend and tell them, won’t give them any more money over it though

Renault Clio Mk2 1.2
I assume your talking about the ABS self check? No ABS light on the dash etc?
Just a few ABS noises when you first set off? And if you go over speed bumps a little too quick?

Is it affecting your peddle at all? Fighting your foot back?
Yeah that’s what happens, sometimes when i set off and if i hit a bump, i can feel it in the brake pedal slightly but doesn’t fight my foot back

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
It’s nothing to worry about if the ABS light isn’t on and not fighting your foot back. It’s just the ABS self check IME.