ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS sensor Ring - Will This cause an issue (Pic to explain)

Andyl20

ClioSport Club Member
Long story short after a number of upgrades (discs,pads, lowering springs, aftermarket steering wheel) I finally got everything back together and went for a shakedown. Had an issue with TC firing constantly as soon as I tried to accelerate. First thought it might be the steering angle sensor after a bit of digging on here. Found a thread and reset this using the instructions provided. Tested again and had the same issue. I also had to change the front n/s hub during the preceding works as I had a thread strip on the caliper carriers (Thread on that as well!) and was advised easier to replace the hub rather than trying to tap the thread on my original hub due to it being iron. So thats what I did. Couldn't get my ABS sensor out which I see is pretty normal, but luckily the new hub came with one. Then got me thinking maybe that was at fault so I pulled the wheel off to have a look this morning and found what I think might be the actual cause of the issue... The larger clip on the N/S driveshaft had snapped and there was grease all over the ABS ring. My thoughts are this might have stopped the sensor from being able to read it thus causing the error with TC? Anyway I have ordered a new CV clip and cleaned up all the grease from the ABS ring, but then found that there is a small chip off a couple of the teeth:
Annotation 2020-04-06 133851.png

I've circled in the pic. Would this be enough to cause an issue with the ABS sensor in its own right? Not sure of the tolerances with things like this.

Looking forward to some enlightenment as always.

Cheers!

Andyl20

ClioSport Club Member
Long story short after a number of upgrades (discs,pads, lowering springs, aftermarket steering wheel) I finally got everything back together and went for a shakedown. Had an issue with TC firing constantly as soon as I tried to accelerate. First thought it might be the steering angle sensor after a bit of digging on here. Found a thread and reset this using the instructions provided. Tested again and had the same issue. I also had to change the front n/s hub during the preceding works as I had a thread strip on the caliper carriers (Thread on that as well!) and was advised easier to replace the hub rather than trying to tap the thread on my original hub due to it being iron. So thats what I did. Couldn't get my ABS sensor out which I see is pretty normal, but luckily the new hub came with one. Then got me thinking maybe that was at fault so I pulled the wheel off to have a look this morning and found what I think might be the actual cause of the issue... The larger clip on the N/S driveshaft had snapped and there was grease all over the ABS ring. My thoughts are this might have stopped the sensor from being able to read it thus causing the error with TC? Anyway I have ordered a new CV clip and cleaned up all the grease from the ABS ring, but then found that there is a small chip off a couple of the teeth:
View attachment 1464009

I've circled in the pic. Would this be enough to cause an issue with the ABS sensor in its own right? Not sure of the tolerances with things like this.

Looking forward to some enlightenment as always.

Cheers!
Any thoughts folks?