ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS - Serv light on ?????

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
Can any one help, I have just changed my pads on my 2000 Clio 172, about a week later, the abs light and serv light keep coming on every now and then at the same time. I have noticed that when they are on, if I brake relitivly hard, there is a rapid ticking noise from by the pedal area. Anybody have any ideas?

Any help would be great.

Cheers

ravi

"Navy" N17 TWO
I'm getting this in my dci too :(

Checked the brake fluid (under the engine cover on the drivers side I hope) - it seems fine

Find the brake pedal!! Then work your way up the bar holding the pedal until you reach the bottom of the dash, the sensor should be just there, think its white (ish). It can come loose and will put your lights on.

Mines a 182, not sure if its the same for a dci

"Navy" N17 TWO
I had a look at that switch as above, took it out checked it and put it back in.

At that stage the lights were out on the dash anyway.

Last night on the way home the lights came back on, I switched off the ignition and restarted and the lights went out straight away.

Any further indication of what might be causing this? :S
Getting a bit worrying, especialy when I'm trading in the car next week. Don't want to have another one of Renaults finest blunders poping up first :rolleyes:

Cheers
Trev

"Navy" N17 TWO
I didnt do the pads mate :S
Had the 36k service done last month and didnt bother changing the brakes at all as I knew I was changing the car.

Da

Less
New brake pedal switch will sort it, sometimes they can be adjusted though. It's tricky but you can DIY.

Clio Campus / CRX 16v
I'm having difficulty thinking at the moment. Could be a speed sensor, an exciter rings...Hmm, this should be easy.

I'll get back tomorow.

Ian

Clio F1 R27
Hmm Renault did mine last week, and mines started doing it this morning! Dam them!

I've got this problem aswell. Had my pads replaced all round by ktec racing and also had the front discs replaced with some drilled ones.

Since then I intermittantly get the service abs and traction control lights coming on. It seems to happen when alot of pressure is put on the brakes...

It's going into renault on friday, hopefully the warranty will cover it.

I hate it when my car gives me grief like this!!

Iceberg 172
Since then I intermittantly get the service abs and traction control lights coming on. It seems to happen when alot of pressure is put on the brakes...

Me too. Usually after I brake over bumps and the ABS is triggered. I too fiddled with the switch, which was fairly loose in its holder and it was OK for a while....

If anyone gets a definitive solution, please post it up here. There are lots of posts on CS describing this problem, but not many with a solution!