ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AC compressor not working

Conor L

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio Mk2
Ive owned my Clio for about 18 months now and the air con has never worked, just blew out hot air. Despite this I have always turned it on 1 a week to make sure everything is well and good. However a few months ago I turned the air con on but Didnt hear the compressor kick in. First thought in my head was that it has seized up however after some reading theres a possibility that because theres very little gas in the system the compressor isn't kicking in to protect itself as it can't sense any pressure. Could this be true before I spend £40 on a regas t be told the compressor has seized. Advice is welcome.

monaco 172
If it's only ever blown warm air then the compressor probably never did kick in as like you say, if the pressure is low it won't turn on the compressor.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
The oil is in the gas which lubricates the pump, if the gas escapes then the oil probably will have too. Try and get it pressure tested and gassed up and see if it works