ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio182 AC Issue

182 Trophy
Hi all,

So I had the AC regassed at kwik fit when I had the MOT done in 2021, no issue at all and was advised the system didn't have any leaks. Fast forward 15 months later and the AC is blowing hot and I thought it was out of gas again. I did press the AC button on the way to the garage and did hear it going but barely any cold air. After going to the garage the compressor doesn't seem to want to turn on at all and again was told the system holds pressure fine. Could this be a sensor issue?

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
This thread might be useful, not sure if it's exactly the same thing.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Get them to check the valves, they’re a common point if failure but they are not part of the pressure test as the test system is plugged into them, they should be replaced at a regas but no one does.

182 Trophy
Get them to check the valves, they’re a common point if failure but they are not part of the pressure test as the test system is plugged into them, they should be replaced at a regas but no one does.

Thanks Sharpy! Great point. I just had a look at the system and checked the valves and it turns out there is no gas in the system at all. I did notice some dye coming out from under the cap on Saturday after going to the garage. The larger valve looks to be a bit damp so definitely some failure there. Is the valve something I can replace myself or get the shop to do it when I go for a regas?

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks Sharpy! Great point. I just had a look at the system and checked the valves and it turns out there is no gas in the system at all. I did notice some dye coming out from under the cap on Saturday after going to the garage. The larger valve looks to be a bit damp so definitely some failure there. Is the valve something I can replace myself or get the shop to do it when I go for a regas?
Thyre pretty easy to replace but tbh for what they cost and the time it takes id just let the garage do it, its a 2min job, max and might as well do it once they pull out any remaining gas.

182 Trophy
Spoke with ATS who I had it booked in with to regas, they don't replace valves. Said they are bigger than regular tyre Schrader. Any recommendations to do this + regas? Thanks!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Try googling mobile AC regas. I just did and found one with a review that said he'd changed valves and done loads of checks on an aircon. I'll be booking him Monday!

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Just avoid chains really, they’ll do the bare minimum. My garage says they don’t know how the chains make money on regas as they charge £75 which always includes the valves even if they appear fine.