ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AC Delete

Clio ph2 172
I’m going to go about getting rid of my aircon, I’ve looked at the ac delete kit from PMS (currently on back order) what are peoples thoughts on this set up? Any good?
My other option I guess is the 172 Cup set up? Question is does this set up retain the auto tensioner? Do I just need the bracket and new belt?
Cheers Dan

monaco 172
Cup setup needs the lot including the alternator so is way more expensive than pms but does away with the auto tensioner

Clio ph2 172
The cost the a new alternator isn’t a problem as I was going to replace it anyway. How does the cup set up tension?

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Its a great piece of kit. Iv fitted 2 now and its been a breeze both times.

The cup setup requires the PAS pipes to be slightly manipulated out of the way iirc.

monaco 172
I’m also at this stage.

So it’s K tec, pms or 172 cup set up?

Ktec and the cup setup are the same thing.

There was also a guide to do it which cost around 12 quid and just involved replacing the idler pulley for one with teeth and running the belt under it rather than over it.

Clio ph2 172
Wow that’s a hefty price from K-Tech!
Would be interested in seeing this guide for the cheap alternative? I guess that would still use the auto tensioner tho?