ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Accelerator Pedal Travel

Renault Master
Hello guys, I have done a search but couldnt find the answer I was looking for. I found some info about limp mode etc but its not that. I drove my clio today for a 30 min run, left it for most of the day. Later on drove it home but immediately It seemed different, the accelerator pedal felt lower down. Maybe I'm imagining it but felt there was not as much travel as before? I have never noticed this before tbh, I drive a work van and the clutch always throws me a bit lol. Anyways I would appreciate any info on this if possible. Cheers again.

Sean

renault clio 1.4 16v
Check the accelerator cable, if it has one... the cable lock may have some lose and slipped, but if its fly by wire throttle... then im not sure

Renault Master
Thanks for reply mate, its fly by wire seems and odd one maybe I'm just tripping but seems theres like a few cm travel then the button thing clicks does that seem normal?

renault clio 1.4 16v
There should be a little plastic stopper on the floor that the acelerator pedal arm will touch at max travel, if its stopping before touching the pad then theres a problem, is there any play in the pedal/ housing

Renault Master
No play in pedal and it goes to the button then beyond if that makes sense? How much travel should there be? In cm/inches even a rough idea. Cheers again.