ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

accident advice

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member

my mate was driving home from work today when a car skidded into the side of him, the problem with this is the person who skidded into him is sombody who works at the same company and he is banned for drink driving, he uses his brothers licence because he looks like him:cry:.

he said he will pay for the damage but if he dont how does he stand to get the money off him without kicking his head in:devilish: (i think i would have)? ie what will the police do?

if he phones the police and reports it now he wont pay up

thanks

People can claim under there normal insuracne for uninsured drivers damaging there cars, they will loose NCB (unless is protected) but they are covered.

Id get them to ring the police I bet they dont pay the police will at least be able to get them and him brother for breaking the law.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member

he isnt going to claim on his own insurance

if he did go to the police would he be able to sue the ass of him? as everybody at our work hates him except the gaffers and they all seen him drive onto and off the car park so we could be witnesses

rsturbo and a xr3i

well basicly this fool wants reporting for what he is doing anyway he is banned for a reason ie drunk whilst driving as for getting money out of him i dont no how you stand but basicly he is driving around with no insurance so if he kills someone that poor persons family would get feck all he seriosly needs reporting maybe some one else could report him not the person he crashed into your friend just better hope this person stands by his word and pays for the damage

Quote: Originally posted by M.C.. on 17 September 2004

he isnt going to claim on his own insurance

if he did go to the police would he be able to sue the ass of him? as everybody at our work hates him except the gaffers and they all seen him drive onto and off the car park so we could be witnesses
If he doesnt pay up out of his own pocket the person makes a claim up to there own insurer saying he was uninsured/ not willing to give detail etc and they will pay for the damages and they maybe try and get the money back from him. The person who got hit will loose NCB until the accident can be sorted out.

Assumign the guy earns a decient sallary th insurance company will take him to court can get a acourt order to get him to pay or take his car etc form him as payment to the insurance company,.

Be carful what you say though after all you knowingly let him drive round without insurance or licence so are breaking the law.

very tricky this one, i wouldnt wait more than a day to get the money out of him as it will look bad if he goes to the police a week or so later saying such and such hit my car. the advantage he has is the fact ppl saw what went on, but he wont be insured nor will his brother either way as he will have voided the insurance. may be worth contacting his insurance like previously mentioned and see if they will pay out, they can always sue him/the brother to get the money back. even if he did pay report him anyway, as thats completely disgusting that hes still driving and forcing our premiums up.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member

i agree we all felt like reporting him when he drove to work but it makes for a hard working environment as it is only a small place.

i think my mate is going to inform his insurance company to cover himself, and when he gives him his money phone the police, hes going to give him a day to pay i think

the thing is a police car pulled away from him no more than 5 second before it happened, never in the right place at the right time

Report him.

He is already banned for drink driving, and now dives like an idiot and skids into your mates car.

He doesnt care about your mate (or other drivers) otherwise he would:
a) Not drink & drive
b) Not drive without insurance

So why should your mate care about him?

Who is it going to be next? A small child walking to school, a family?

/Mad

Damn right! ->

Quote: Originally posted by madcowz on 17 September 2004

Report him.

He is already banned for drink driving, and now dives like an idiot and skids into your mates car.

He doesnt care about your mate (or other drivers) otherwise he would:
a) Not drink & drive
b) Not drive without insurance

So why should your mate care about him?

Who is it going to be next? A small child walking to school, a family?

/Mad

don't

give him 1 day 2 fully pay up

if he doesnt then report him, actually get money off him then report him anyway

stuff if u have 2 work with him or not, im sure every in ur work would aggree if it was them hed hit, what if hed seriously injured u and u couldnt work again.................

BMW 120i Sport

Ive been hit by an uninsured driver and i reported it to the police immediately and also claimed on my own insurance.

I was out of pocket by paying £375 for my excess, but my car was repaired quickly and the other driver (a woman, silly little b**ch) was charged by the police with driving without insurance and received a stack of points + fine. However, getting the funds back from her to repay the insurance company hasnt been easy. This was 18 months ago and theyre still trying to recover all the money. Its gotta go through so much procedural crap at the insurance company end. Basically they:

1) send her a letter, then wait a month
2) send her a final letter, then wait a month
3) send investigators round, by which point she agreed to pay up at £50 a month
4) she dodged this too, so they sent her *another* letter
5) no response, so they passed it onto solicitors

The solicitor (always take out legal cover!) goes through similar letter spamming until eventually they get a court order to arrest her wages (if the third party works). This is the stage im at now. This woman (like this bloke) said shed pay up, but she never.

I eventually received £575 in compensation from the MIB (motor insurers bureau - they compensate victims of uninsured drivers like you and me), but unless Directline can recover the funds for their outlay they will eventually hold me at fault for the accident.

My advice? Report it immediately and detail every letter / phone call in a log so that if it comes to court you have a detailed history.

G