ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Accident Kit

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

Anyone (who has bought a new renault lately) get one of these in the post recently ?......got mine last night.

Kind of cute....little leather case with a torch, disposable camera, pen, yellow crayon (for marking the damage before you take a picture) and a form to fill in damges.

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

LOL....it is weighing me down a bit!............but then so do the foam canisters! ;)

Hmm, ive not recieved anything like that have owned the 182 for 1 month now maybe they have decided to leave me out >????????

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

lol, buy one? its just a crappy little kit that they send to u after uve bought the car, mine went under the passenger seat, in that little holder thing. i kept all that stuff in my old car, and wen i crashed it, the disposable camera had "gone off" (dunno how they can go off but neway) and they didnt come out v well at all!

hey i got mine a few days too late, but it made me realise that insurance approved is not reno approved. i since changed my repair center to reno leeds (who fit all genuine parts, courtesy car, valet etc.) maybe just for peace of mind:D. nice bit of kit. ive used the torch already looking down the back of the sofa for money lol

Astra VXR 17/05/07

I found my kit really usefull...

The camera comes in handy for rudey pics

The torch i use to play duvet tents

The crayon comes in handy for the kids to scribble with

and the pen...well pens are always usefull

Thanks Renault :D

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

I havent used mine yet.....really hope i never have too !!

just had another look at it......no battries in the torch, thats bloody useful....glad i found out now!!

Ford Fiesta

bubba when did you collect the car and when did this pack arrive, just wondering how long to leave it before phoning them?

Quote: Originally posted by cris on 20 May 2004

you can only get this kit if ya baught your car with renault selections
Are you sure about that? I didnt use Renault Selections and I got it.

Quote: Originally posted by Liftnub on 20 May 2004

who did ya use?

Astra VXR 17/05/07

who did ya use?
I got the kit and didnt use anything to do with Renault.Paid cash plus my old car part ex.

I dont even know what Renault selections is but can guess...i know what the acident kit is though,i have one.

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

Quote: Originally posted by Bradfordlad on 20 May 2004

bubba when did you collect the car and when did this pack arrive, just wondering how long to leave it before phoning them?
i picked my car up on 5th April......and the pack arrived on Tuesday....didnt have to prompt, had no idea that they even produced one....

Angi :)

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

who did ya use?
I got the kit and didnt use anything to do with Renault.Paid cash plus my old car part ex.

I dont even know what Renault selections is but can guess...i know what the acident kit is though,i have one.

Who told you that you had to do Renault Selections ...was it your Renault dealer ?......if it was they are talking bollox.

I paid cash (and part exd) and they still sent me one.

who did ya use?
As above, part exd old car, paid rest in cash.

i get the renault magazine through the post every month since i got my old clio in 2001, and they had a article about the new accident kit given to new renault owners baught under renault selections. selections is renault finance by the way or RFS.

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

thats wierd.....they offered me selections but i turned it down .......still got the pack though...prehaps theyve decided to send it to everyone...:)

i doubt the kit the was expensive to produce but its always nice to get a freebie when youve parted with the best part of 15k !! :)

Astra VXR 17/05/07

The accident pack is just a sweetner to try and get you to get your car recovered straight to Renault in the event of an accident.

Handy as it is i would choose to get on the blower to my insurers rather than ringing the number in the Renault accident pack.

Lee

BMW M2C

Ive just realised. I still havent had one of these. Ive had the car since the 26th of June.:(

Arctic Blue 182

Ive had my 182 since 12th July, from a Reno dealer, and not received one of these funky kits, nor have I had a courtesy call (which I was told I was going to get) to see if Im happy with the car!