ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Accident pics

Clio RS 182
Just a few pics showing accident i had a few weeks ago, basically was stuck behind a car who was behind another car who was turning left into school car park, was busy so the car in front was just waiting behind so i indicate to go round them bith as nothing was coming and he decided to pull out and hit he on the passenger side, i then broke and as if hitting me once wasn't enough he ploughed into the back of me aswell. Damage been assessed by a company called Auto-Tech in Slough have assessed the damage and written it off as CAT D - aan apparent repair cost of £4500, However see for yourselves not a alot wrong with it. I have bought it back as had a mate to check it over and there is nothing else wrong with the car other than what you can see in the pics i am repairing it at the moment with miltek exhaust, dotz mugello alloys & v-maxx coil-overs + new bumper and new wing, all for less that £1500 will update again once repaired.

DSC00547.jpg

DSC00553.jpg

DSC00554.jpg

DSC00555.jpg

DSC00556.jpg

DSC00557.jpg

DSC00559.jpg

DSC00564.jpg

DSC00566.jpg

DSC00567.jpg

DSC00568.jpg

S4 Avant
mmmm written off 182s, dont get me started.

Fair play to you though if you can get it fixed at a decent price. As long as the boot floors intact, and the roof is crease free, should be straight forward.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I think its s**t when you smack your car and then have to buy it back,even though you bought it in the first place.

Titanium 182
I might not be reading this right but it sounds like a car was turning left but it was busy so instead of waiting like the car directly behind you decided to overtake them both and the car in front had the same idea after you had already started ?

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Don't get why its written off? Who did insurance decide was at fault? I would say other person was, if what you say is true.

1. they had been sitting waiting for some time.
2. You indicated before going past them.

Did they indicate? If not then it surely is their fault imo.

'99 Vectra 1.8
Don't get why its written off? Who did insurance decide was at fault? I would say other person was, if what you say is true.

1. they had been sitting waiting for some time.
2. You indicated before going past them.

Did they indicate? If not then it surely is their fault imo.

I would have thought both persons were at fault in a situation such as this where a bit of patience would have prevailed

not having a go by the way OP

ibiza cupra
it dont take a lot to rite off a 1*2 because of the price of parts. doesnt have to have a load of damage at all really. fair play on getting it back on the road though mate although looking at your back bumper i would have thought that the rear panel and poss boot floor would have creased as it dosnt take much force to do it to a clio so i would check that

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Nice mate you need to raise the exhaust up a bit though the mounts must be worn.

Need silvervisions too.

Last edited:
  Clio RS 182
The guy that hit me as owned up and amitted full liability, he admitted that he didn't check his mirrors and just pulled out, no chassis damage detected at present and the boot floor is fine, had a mate who works for a repair centre to check it before i decided to buy it back