ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Acessing home internet from any internet connection or setting up a home server ??

SQ5
Google team viewer, install install on home of and your laptop.

Take note of password and code and then enter on laptop.

You may need someone at home for this to work though.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Re: Acessing home internet from any internet connection or setting up a home server ?

Just use windows remote desktop, use dyndns to track your home ip and just login, simple.

Re: Acessing home internet from any internet connection or setting up a home server ?

Just use windows remote desktop, use dyndns to track your home ip and just login, simple.

What is dyndns ? And how do i create a log in ?

I have a macbook pro and no access to windows

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio

You will have to look dyndns up on google.

You could enable some sort of vpn to your home network which would work perfectly for what you want.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member

I'd have thought you'll need a decent upload speed for iplayer to work properly via remote desktop etc. Never tried though...

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio

It wont work via RDC, you will have to VPN into your home network to make it work properly.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member

It wont work via RDC, you will have to VPN into your home network to make it work properly.

Which ever way you do it the upload speed will still need to be decent for it to stand a chance of it working. That's why I put etc;).

Its all very windows specific :(

BMW M135i

Just subscribe to one of the many UK based VPN providers. If you have to ask, you aren't going to be able to set one up yourself.

Bumder With A Buffer

Might as well pump my question in here as its related.

DYNDNS have stopped free registrations now. Is/was that the only free service? My SKY router has an option to put in dyndns login info which is good but they charge for an account now it seems?

172 Cup

Might as well pump my question in here as its related.

DYNDNS have stopped free registrations now. Is/was that the only free service? My SKY router has an option to put in dyndns login info which is good but they charge for an account now it seems?

They have. No-IP are free, Unsure whether your router would support it though.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

Correct, Sky router if like mine will only allow DynDNS.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0

Just subscribe to one of the many UK based VPN providers. If you have to ask, you aren't going to be able to set one up yourself.

+1, plus you will be limited by your internets upload speed, so iplayer will be s**te. RDP/VNC/TeamViewer is not what you need.