ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

acoustic valve,

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
was pissing around changing my brake pads today,

and thought i know, ill take my accoustic valve out,
read lots about what its meant to do,
so thought id see for myself if it makes any difference,

it didnt, except now my engine management light is on,
is this normal?? and will putting the valve back in turn this off??

never had the engine light come on before and its making me want to put the valve back in,

can it harm the engine not having the accoustic valve in??

Clio 182 Cup
Re: accoustic valve,

same has happened to mine and light had come on. i havent really noticed any change either?!?

Re: accoustic valve,

I think the computer is just reporting an acoustic valve fault. If you plug it back in it will probably go away.

The ECU has no way of knowing if the acoustic valve is there or not.

The vacuum hose that operates on manifold pressure is the only vague connection to the block IIRC

172 cup
theres a plug into the valve, I only removed the acoustic part on mine. No problems other then slight rough on idle when cold

Clio 197 08
I removed the acoustic valve from my 197 after hearing that it will sound and pull better and it did nothing! Not even engine management light came on! Tested through the whole rev range to! Nothing, it is now bk in place!!