ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adding to the collection....

Looking at adding a few bits to my small detailing products, i already have B2BM, Smartwax, Bilberry Wheel cleaner, Poorboys wheel sealant, Wash mitts, Drying towel & mircofibres.

This is my list so far:-

I4D Uber Lime Clay Bar
Dodo Born Slippy Clay Lube
AG SRP with Lake Country Light Cut Hand Pad
Megs Enduarance Tyre Gel
PB Buffing Towel

Bit by bit i will get there, Also looking at the werkstat products but which to get? So does that look good or is thier better products i should swap for?

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/werkstat-carnauba-glos-cat14.html#aMasterWSCG0000

am just trying to get a good finish and give my car a nice clean cut look, also want little effort when it comes to doing it again.

Ok, so protection should be at the top of the wish list.

Clay, yes. Good choice as well.

Polish, forget the SRP. Look at a decent polish like Menz 203s. Even by hand this will have a profound effect on the paint work. On the Racing Blue I would be tempted by the Werkstat Carnauba kit personally. Flat colour, makes it look very wet. Superb results from my own car (flat red).

i was looking at the werkstat carnauba before was unsure which one to go with difficult to choose when their all lined up.

Will look at the menz stuff now.

ok cool, i take it everything else except swap the SRP with the menz 203s then its all good.

oh dont forget the Werkstat. :approve:

Yeah, but personally Meh to the Born Slippy. It's an OTT product, especially for the price in my eyes. If you bulk buy Megs No:16 Last Touch it can be used as a QD, drying aid and clay lube...

That's it, but no.

Yes, but wasn't a massive fan. But I was using it at the height of Summer. Might try it again.

thanks for the advice JD

The Megs stuff in that link is a bit too much think i will give the Poorboys a go that can also be used a QD.

looks like most of the products ae off Polished Bliss now might as well get a clay bar off them save on the P&P, can you recommend one or just pay the extra couple of £'s.

I am old school and therefore don't like AIO products that much.

I personally wouldn't, as you won't use it for all the intended applications. And if you do, you'll run out of it very quickly.

I am going to give that one a try with the I4D Lime Clay Bar, if it is no good as a clay lube i can they use it as other things then just buy another clay lube recommeded by you. This just seems good value for money.

Ok updated final List:-

I4D Uber Lime Clay Bar
Valet Pro Citrus Bling
Menz 203s & Lake Country Light Cut Hand Pad
Werkstat Carnauba
Megs Enduarance Tyre Gel
PB Buffing Towel

Werkstat link for anyone who wants it:-
http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/werkstat-carnauba-jett-cat13.html

Also wow look at this wax £594.95p
http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/swissvax-crystal-rock-cat13.html

you got any of that JD?

There are a few more above that if memory serves. If you want something that sets harder than concrete, you pay the price (or the detailer does).

I bought 'a couple of bits' the other day and still spent £50! It's one of those things that's never finished. You'll want to try something else, see something new etc etc.

Going to get that Werkstat kit at some point too. Gallyo has convinced me.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Loller! Your stuff delivered yet Revs?

I wouldn't say you need the kit, just Prime or Prime Strong and the Jett.

You'll have cloths and applicators anyway, saving yourself £20 odd quid. Glos isn't required as much on Acrylic I don't think, works better on the likes of JD's solid/flat colours.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Great minds.

I washed the car yesterday while it was nice mate and wiped down with Z8 (gives me wood) done the glass and tyres, car looked great.

I awoke this morning to find an inch of frost on every panel and every window! FML!

Cool story bro.

I did the same as you know. Woke up this morning to the noise of an angle grinder cutting what? Bricks. So brick dust all over the fecking place :(

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Loller! Oh wait..

It was a little gutting this morning, to be honest it's sitting outside my work in a dusty industrial estate so there will be a layer of dust over it now anyway!

Love dusty waterspots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmms.

The set is £55.95

Prime is £21.95
Jet is £15.95

That all I need? What do they do separately? Why don't I need the other one? :eek:

I have pads/towels etc so I suppose I don't really need more. Saving money FTW!

Prime is prep (chemical cleaner with a small amount of abrasives), Jet is protection (sealant).

The third is a Quick Detailer that will also top up the protection.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
To save money i'd use the jett every 3 washes or something and buy a better detailer like Z6 from CYC. Much better than gloss.

Also JD would you recommend Prime Strong or just Prime for Revs? Maybe just go for the normal stuff especially with Jett underneath.

No reason not to get Prime Strong really. It'll just make life easier.

But then again, I wouldn't buy it as I don't need it... does that not make sense?