ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

adjusting xenons?

VaVa
One of my xenons has dropped - I must have knocked what I presume is the auto leveller whilst refitting my airbox and now the light just points straight down at the ground.

is there a particualr way of refitting the adjuster?

b/g 182, meg tourer
i thought the adjustment was on the screws holding the headlight into the bumper. could be wrong tho. they should self level when you turn the ignition on

Da

Less
The auto-adjustor clips in to the main headlight casing from the rear, it's possible this has been dislodged.
The manual adjustor is via a white allen key-bolt on the rear of the headlight but only ever do this with the engine running! ;)

VaVa
I know they should but I think the actuator which levels them has become disconnected from the headlamp holder (it's hinged from the top).

I've removed the actuator and there's no sign of damage but I can seem to refit it so as it controls the headlamp level again. Bloody thing.

Da

Less
It has a stalk like part with a ball on the end. This ball has to line up with the 'socket' on the main beam casing within the headlight. It is quite tricky but it will just click in if you can line them up without having to remove the headlight (which you may end up doing!)

BMW M135i
Its easy peasy to remove/refit the adjuster with the light in place! If the lense is floating in the casing just remove the main beam/sidelight rubber and pull the lense back. You should then be able to see the plastic slot that the adjuster ball locates into so you can reclip it in, it'll feel very tight like you'll break the adjuster but you'll be fine. Then just twist the adjuster in the casing to secure it.