ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Admiral - Multilink Car Insurance

Anyone looking for cheap motor insurance and has two or more cars in your house hold you may want to run a quote past Admiral. They wiped the floor with all other brokers.

I've been quoted £600 for 12month fully comp as the main driver and the wife as an occasional driver on my 172. And £288 for her 1.2 03reg clio as her the main drive and me as an occasional driver. Both insurance policies include a £150 excess and cover us for social and 1 place of work. Both policies are treated seperately. Therefore if i claim for my 172 it does not effect her no claims. Likewise, if she claims for her 1.2 it does not effect my no claims.

Im 28, full uk license for 10years and 2 claims in the last 2 years (0yrs ncb).
She's 26, full uk license for 3 years with 3yrs ncb.

After my two claims Green Light didnt want to know when it came to my renewal. Adrian flux and Direct Line quoted me £1.5k and i was getting quoted over £2k from other brokers which is 4x the amount i was paying before my two claims.

I ran the quote online and then called Admiral to confirm the prices and terms & conds... seems like a winner to me

Lotus Elise 111R
£600 with no ncb, let alone the rest, I would be suspicious!

They are competitive tho I have to agree.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
quoted us 6 grand all together for all our cars. but seperately were all together under 3.5k for the same terms (whos insured to what etc)

We're both insured on both cars. Im the main driver for the 172 and a named driver (ie: occasional driver) on the 1.2. Shes the main driver on the 1.2 and a named driver on the 172.

I ran the quote online the other day and thought it sounded too good to be true. I've since ran the quote again and got the same quote. I also got a call from admiral who ran through it with me on the phone and confirmed it's correct!

details below:

Vehicle ------------- Start date ----- Renewal date --- Length of cover --- Price

RENAULT CLIO (172) --- 06/02/2008 --- 02/02/2009 --- 362 days ------ £603.78

RENAULT CLIO --------- 02/02/2008 --- -02/02/2009 ---- 366 days ------- £288.13

cover type: Comprehensive
Excess: £150
Left over night: garaged
Use: domestic & one place of work
Vehical value: 172 = £5500
1.2 = £3000

My trusty lil 182 :)
Tried them and quoted me just over £2k on our two cars, pay £1,100 on the two policies we currently have.

Bloody good quote for you though, 600 with 0 ncb is a bargain!!

£600 with no ncb, let alone the rest, I would be suspicious!

They are competitive tho I have to agree.

Not sure why you'd be suspicious, Admiral are a large insurance company, part of the CEI group (bell,elephant,diamond etc) I have been insured with a mix of these over the last 10 years for me and the missus, untill they didn't recognise a DC5!

I found that having an experienced named driver brings down the quote for a less experienced policy holder (had my dad as a named driver on EVO VI policy with elephant a few years ago). You will probably find that his missus being on the clio policy is bringing the premium down as she is female and still has a good driving record.

All of the above target different areas of the market as do most insurance companies depending on risk. Admiral = over 25's, bell direct = under 25/high performance, elephant = internet, diamond = women.