ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Car insurance question

Big Toe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Campus
I had 2 cars. My main car had a policy with 12 years NCB. I also have another car with 2 years NCB.

I’ve sold my main car which had the 12 years NCB and only have the other car with 2 years.

My understanding is that NCB expires if it is unused after 2 years. Can I keep swapping my NCB each year if I now only have 1 car?

I considered just putting the 12 years NCB onto my now main car but the insurance is so cheap anyway that I doubt it would make much difference. I’d rather have the extra NCB available for when I inevitably get another car.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Phone your current insurer and ask them ?

I'd rather have the 12 banked (with savings) and find an insurer that will multi-car it tbh.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I find this utterly bazaar that you have to have two different sets of NCB.

Big Toe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Campus
In what way? I had 1 car then bought another and had to start my NCB again. You can only use your NCB on one car at a time.

Archtronics

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
1598271195825.png

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Couldn’t you find a company to just mirror your NCB on to the second car?

Big Toe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Campus
Couldn’t you find a company to just mirror your NCB on to the second car?
The insurance was so cheap that I just went online and done a comparison website. It was only £210 fully comp. No way was I ringing round places to try and get a few pound off.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
In what way? I had 1 car then bought another and had to start my NCB again. You can only use your NCB on one car at a time.

Yeah, but why don’t you as a person just have a NCB? I’ve just had to insure a second car with 0 NCB, as if I’m a new driver, even though I have 15 years+ on my other car.

I bet if I crash on my 15year NCB I’d have to declare it on my other policy.

Big Toe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Campus
Yeah, but why don’t you as a person just have a NCB? I’ve just had to insure a second car with 0 NCB, as if I’m a new driver, even though I have 15 years+ on my other car.

I bet if I crash on my 15year NCB I’d have to declare it on my other policy.
I do but only on one policy. You can only use your NCB on one vehicle at a time. When you take out the policy it asks how many years you have and asks if it is available to be used on the car.