ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice apreciated

renault clio 1.2 grenade
hiho all i joined a few months ago but havnt really been on forum got silver renault clio grande 1.2 have finally passed my test and looking for a bita advise on me car lol.
- i have installed a full fusion kit and works perfect and have put new c.d player in car which also works perfect. My only problem is that the c.d player have wires at the back which are about an inch to long to puch the c.d player all the way through. Just wondering if any1 knows if it is safe to drill a little hole through the back ?
-what is the average price to pay for blackout windows?
-was thinking about an induction kit, have been to revolution and they quated me 78 pound for a K and N is that ok ?
-what else can i do cheap to enhance performance of car?
- 17 inch alloys any good for a clio ?
- what should i lower my clio by and what cost am i looking at?
- http://www.modifydirect.co.uk/acata...2_BODY_KITS__PRE_FACELIFT_1998_2001__680.html
is the body kit 4th down any good and how much am i looking to get it sprayed and fited.
- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pair-of-Recli...ryZ30172QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
do these fit onto a clio lol and what do u think of them (haant got such a big budget)

There is my questions lol, alot yep ^^ apreciate all answers / opinions given. Its my 1st car, 17 yrs old and lil confused about what to do 1st etc lol. Cheers guys / girls :)

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Re: Advise apreciated

Welcome to the club.

Its check that your insurance will let you chagne/modify your wheel or suspension?

tinting your windows should cost from £100 - £200 depending on where you go, these are the back 3 windows. side windows are illegal to tint!

Changing filter I'd get a pannel filter as these last longer and offer the same increase as the induction kit. Yet cost half the price.

renault clio 1.2 grenade

take it no one knows if the seats will fit etc :/ if any1 does can u leave a msg for me lol dont wanna go buying things that will rip me off etc , very new to the car world ..... cheers

Tinted windows, £110, do it if you like it.

Air filter, get a closed system so you don't get heat soak.

Sack the idea of a bodykit,all bodykits are crap, not even going to look at the one you've suggested.

Clio should go on 16"s max!

Seats for that price can't be very good tbh.

Welcome to CS.

Nissan 350z

I doubt your insurance will cover those mods, and if you dont declare and you have an accident you can bet they will find a way out of paying up. I wouldnt take the risk in your first year of driving with your first car tbh.

Anything that modifies the enginer or suspension must insurance policies wont cover.

Trophy #240/R33 GTST
Mate i know it sucks but best advice i can possibly give....and i know it sucks but was given it myself and i am glad i took it...just stick with what you have got. Don't modify it...kepp your nose clean and your car clean till your 21. You will have 3 years ncb..saved a bunch of cash which you can then put into the full beans RS. TBH IMO mods on a 1.2 can just make it harder to sell. Just saying i'm 21 now 3 yrs ncb and got a quote from firect line for a 172 cup in my name fully comp of 700 quid! Trust will be worth the wait! my 2 cents anyways!
good luck!

renault clio 1.2 grenade
cheers for advise m8s and ill take it to an extent, but im on my parents name on insurance but the named driver, do you think the insurance company im with will honer my no claims once i get to 21 ? im only paying 450 a year atm.

And what if i just put alloys on and bucket seats to make it look ok ish, then when i get a better clio when im bit older, then transfer the alloys and seats ? and put the old ones back on to sell it.?

renault clio 1.2 grenade
cheers for advise m8s and ill take it to an extent, but im on my parents name on insurance but the named driver, do you think the insurance company im with will honer my no claims once i get to 21 ? im only paying 450 a year atm.

And what if i just put alloys on and bucket seats to make it look ok ish, then when i get a better clio when im bit older, then transfer the alloys and seats ? and put the old ones back on to sell it.?

Williams 1

Im pretty sure its illegal to be on someone elses policy knowing you will drive it more than the policy holder! its ok to be a named driver and use the vehicle from time to time but less than the policy holder.

My best advice would be to use the money ur spending on a "halfords ram raid" on your own insurance policy, that way you get your own NCB, ive always had high insurance group vehicles and would rather spend the money on insuring a fast car than trying to make a slow car "look" faster and you earn NCB meaning im now 22 and paying peanuts (£500 FC) on a williams