ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice - Car's First Clean

Nimbus 197
I am looking to give my 197 it's first wash this weekend. Now, in the past I polished my 182 say twice a year with Mer and just used car shampoo with a sponge (which I understand is punishable by death!) and a chamois. Partly, this was as the car wasn't as mint as I would like so I wasn't overly fussed about the odd small swirl and such like.

Anyway, the 197 is to be cleaned and I was hoping you lot could give me some advice as to the best products to use. I am after a washmit, decent shampoo, decent polish etc, etc. I am looking to spend, say 2-3 of hours on the clean.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Arthur

serious performance lambswool washmitt

megs gold class shampoo

autoglym SRP

ag EGP

P21s wax

thats what i would do, short of PCing it

jamie

mitt = 8-9 quid

megs shampoo is 15 quid i think

srp = depends how much you buy, not alot, 3 for 2 on Autoglym at halfrauds

egp = same as above

p21s = about 20-25 quid

jamie

106 GTi
Also worth getting a decent Microfiber drying towel, some Microfibers to remove the polish/sealant and some Clay and Meguiars Scratch X to address any localised defects.