ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice needed...crash :@

Black Gold 182
To cut a long story short..my 182 has been booted up the arse and although it looks like not alot of damage (scuffs to rear bumper) on closer inspection it looks like the exhuast has taken alot of the impact and it sounds like it is blowin at the manifold.

its obviously going to be looked at by insurance...but is there anything I should make them look at??? also would you drive it?

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Rear boot floor plan, rear subframe, exhaust as a whole including catalytic convertor, tailgate alignment... get the carpet out in the boot and check the metal work mate.

The rear bumpers damages so get a new one they crack when hit and adsorb the damage and noone can tell until you have a nother crash and since its failed ones it won't protect you the same.
Gte the suspension allignment checked as well just to be safe its unlikly its that badly damaged though.
I'd not drive it though get the insurance to get you a courtesy car.

106 GTi
Hope you get it sorted. I would def check in the boot and see if it has damaged the floor.

check everything (all the above) you can yourself just incase the insurance miss something?

Ad

MK2 FRS
had this on my 182, what doesnt look bad turns into expensive job, people hardly believed me as they could hardly tell. lol

Felt like rippin the bumper off so I got some sympathy...

Punto GT
CupCake said:
Rear boot floor plan, rear subframe, exhaust as a whole including catalytic convertor, tailgate alignment... get the carpet out in the boot and check the metal work mate.

exactly what cupcake wrote!

bumpers are made for impacts so dont worrie about that but if any metal work is damaged they might try write it off!

ps, if it was a write off & you got it repaired & i checked it on hpi, i wouldnt touch it with a 6ft barge poll!
would you buy a car that you new was in a crash?

keep us posted anyway

Black Gold 182
theres no damage to any metal work. just like i said : scuffed rear bumper and exhuast is blowing sumwhere...gettin the repairers to pick it up rather than me drive it ...even though car looks fairly OK.

have noticed that one of the exhausts sits lower than the other - may try and get a whole new system ;)

fat 182
same thing happend to me they changed the hole system and check under rhe carpet in the boot you will proberly find the boot floor has popped up and isnt flat any more

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
So you joined the club then..................

The "i got arse ended club"

Happened to me after 2 months, s**t happens.

Look for ripples in boot floor, check plastic inner arches, boot lid etc.

Was it rear center impact or to one side??

Black Gold 182
it was to one side...hence one of the exhuasts lower than the other.

what happened was: a car skidded into mums car in drive and hers came into mine. so mums car took most of impact but mine took a fair bit coz it moved forward about 1 foot. im very sure the boot floor is still flat.

thing was i left the car at home so i didnt crash it (was snowing)...:mad:!

if i put a picture up on here...alll you would see is one exhuast lower than the other...and maybe a few scratches.

fat 182
thats what happend to mine one of the exhuasts was lower than the other
it looked like there was harldy any damage at all cos it was only a very low speed shunt ( 10mph ) but there was a fair bit if damage you could see under the car you could se until it was on the ramps
182s seem to be realy soft at the back end

if its the original exhaust then its all one piece until the cat then at the manifold. pop the bonnet and listen - you will tell if its the manifold - pop pop pop sound. have a listen underneath to see where its coming from.

no. it will sound like a stevensons rocket though. TBH i would be surprised if the manifold was blowing - strongest part of the exhaust.

I suspect its probably fractured on a pipe joint around one of the 3 silencers ( 2 backboxes, 1 midbox)