ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

advice needed valver pads and discs

hello everyone

I am after some basic advice, i need to change my pads on the valver, should I go to renault and buy them or is there a cheaper place. Will the pads direct from renault be any better?

any part numbers would be useful as i have a habit of buying the wrong items

Also how can you tell if your discs are worn?

thanks very much

Happy chrismas cliosport

MERCEDES CLS AMG
by Valver you mean a 1.8 16v ?

frt discs 7701206339 £82.00 a set
frt pads 7711130071 £27.00 a set
rr discs 7700805006 £91.00 a set ( come with new rr bearings fitted )
rr pads 7701204036 £36.00 a set

All of these are retail prices and you can get up to 35 % discount trade price - You can buy cheaper kits just check out your local car accesory shop are GSF

Saphire Cosworth
In my experience GSF parts are ok - just don't go for the bottom of the range £10.00 set brake pads though - they're a little dodgy !!

hi sleepy,

two good set-ups

a) brembo max discs, pagid blue pads
b) wilwood 4 pot conversion on standard sized discs.

/y0z

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
DS2500 are great pads and usually a lot cheaper than Pagid.

Another option

ok guys thanks for the quick responses,

J3NED yep it is an old skool valver 1.8 16v, are those prices you quoted renault prices?

EVOgone will those pads fit with standard calipers and work with standard discs?

sorry my knowledge is very limited on this type of thing although im going to change them myself

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
sleepy said:
ok guys thanks for the quick responses,

J3NED yep it is an old skool valver 1.8 16v, are those prices you quoted renault prices?

EVOgone will those pads fit with standard calipers and work with standard discs?

sorry my knowledge is very limited on this type of thing although im going to change them myself

Yes they can be used in std caliper and with std dics, offer great performance on all the cars i have had. Not tried them on a 16v but dont think i know of anyone who was not impressed.

Also as Yozza says the Pagids are also excellent but usually a little more expensive.

Standard pads from GSF are £12.50 ex VAT.. seem fine to me (and lots of other people!)

And for £12.50, you can't complain at all!

Skoda Fabia vRS
personally for the pads, unless you go on track days, id stick to Ferodo's, if you do go on the track consider the DS2500 or some of the proper track Pagid pads, im not a fan of the Pagid 'Fast Road' pads, which are on my car at the moment