ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice - new owner, old Clio

Hi there

Yesterday I bought a 2001 1.2 16v Clio as I need a runabout. I may be slightly regretting my decision to buy it but I need to deal with it now so I'm looking to get your advice on the issues with it that I've discovered so far. Bearing in mind it has done 104k so I'm not expecting the world. I think I'll take it in for a service within ththe next couple of days but it would be good to get your advice in the meantime so I have a bit of advance knowledge of what I'm dealing with.

1. Movement in the gear stick after change and whilst driving. Mounts? Gearbox, engine or both?

2. Squeak noise almost like wheel spin if I take my foot off the clutch too quickly. Noticed it in 2nd and 3rd.

3. A droning type noise coming for the back, sounds a bit like a plane overhead. This may be nothing. My last car was very quiet so it may just be a harmless noise I need to get used to?

4. Airbag light on.

Things to note: I know it's had A new wishbone, abs sensor and a new flywheel within the last 2 weeks.

Other non-vital things:

5. It has no stereo but I notice it has the controls by the steering wheel. If I buy a new stereo is it possible to hook it up to that?

6. Could I replace the cigarette lighter myself? I'm quite handy! The current one keeps pushing my sat nav charger back out.

7. Fog light flashes for a wee bit when left indicator is on.

I think that's all! Really appreciate your help - thank you! Sorry if I've missed any info but let me know if you need more detail. I should say that besides these things the car drives great and seems really planted on the road which I love :smile:.

Last edited: