ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice on a mk1 clio 1.4

Looking for a 1.8 16v
Hey ppl i am new here i am purchasin a clio mk1 1.4 wiv 62 on the clock how much would u say it is worth it has mot and full service history and it had a new clutch fitted about 2 weeks ago any advice would be appreciated and any advice on how 2 lower it has well thanks!

Uzi Spray

ok, i would check for leaking sunroof, rust on any of the arches (common), and whether the timebelt has been changed? needs done at 70k..

lowering it would need either a full suspension kit or just springs, and the torsion bar adjusted at the back to suit. hope that helps!
i'd say depending on condition, i'd be looking to pay anything from £700 to £1200
what year is it? mot? tax?

Looking for a 1.8 16v
hey thanks for the advice i thought if i offered the guy about 450-500 that would be a reasonable offer and its a 1994 m reg and itz done 62k and mot is due but seller said he would get mot done before he sold it to me and there is no road tax and there is no rust on all arches and sunroof seemed fine

Golf GTI 1.8T
is it the RT model and being that year its a mk1 ph2 thats a good price, would have expected it to be a little bit more...what colour?

thats a really good price i reckon. my first car was an RT, E/W etc, loved it.. i managed to sell mine for £1500 just a few months back, got a couple of pics somewhere.. sorry for the crap pics, taken with my old phone

Attachments

• Clio 12.jpg
    Clio 12.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 80
  • Clio 19.jpg
    Clio 19.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 75
  • Clio 13.jpg
    Clio 13.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 73
  Renault clio 1.4
ive got a mrk 1 clio rt.. love it, they look great just standard and lowered with some nice alloys. i would say if thisperson is goin to get it thru the MOT and has recently got a new clutch you are gettin a great deal coz i had to get a new cluth a couple of months ago and they are a pain to fit, and garages were goin to charge at least 300 quid but just took me 3 days to do it... hard work i tell ya.

Looking for a 1.8 16v
justinRT said:
thats a really good price i reckon. my first car was an RT, E/W etc, loved it.. i managed to sell mine for £1500 just a few months back, got a couple of pics somewhere.. sorry for the crap pics, taken with my old phone

i like that this car is a RT has well i really appreciate ur help i just got a sort of crave 2 get a clio and lower the back and have the wheels sit under the arches cant wait 2 get the clio

Looking for a 1.8 16v
garf14 said:
ive got a mrk 1 clio rt.. love it, they look great just standard and lowered with some nice alloys. i would say if thisperson is goin to get it thru the MOT and has recently got a new clutch you are gettin a great deal coz i had to get a new cluth a couple of months ago and they are a pain to fit, and garages were goin to charge at least 300 quid but just took me 3 days to do it... hard work i tell ya.

i know the garage charged the guy 230 for the clutch but i got a doubt in my mind that the gearbox mite need replacin soon if the clutch has gone

RB 182 Cup
i had an RT for my first car, was brilliant although the suspension was a bit soft. i payed 900 for mine with 68k on the clock, so expect to pay that much if he's stubborn.

Last edited:
uzi-spray said:
i like that this car is a RT has well i really appreciate ur help i just got a sort of crave 2 get a clio and lower the back and have the wheels sit under the arches cant wait 2 get the clio

no bother mate, PM me if u need anything else, have a decat sittin in my room doin nothin if anyone wants it? lol

White Mk1 Clio RT 1.4 3dr
i had an RT for my first car, was brilliant although the suspension was a bit soft. i payed 900 for mine with 68k on the clock, so expect to pay that much if he's stubborn.

christ, i think i got mugged off for my RT, gave the guy 870 for it, imaculate condition inside and out though...until it was in the hands of me. 2nd day having it, reversed into a pillar, personal touch i call it!

but yea, my sunroof leaks, suspension too is soft, feels like im driving a boat when i keep it tight to the corners!